cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE: 14 DAYS NOW] Activation Failed.. waiting for 5 days and counting..

drewswerd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey community

5 days and counting, I'm getting a little anxious here my wife's number I ported over is still not gone through properly.

I've PM'd  mods(since Tuesday 15th), and used contact us form page, and also have another thread that I mention about briefly but decided to start one just for this one issue.. no responses.

When i first initiated the port request I got the dreaded:

"Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

I got an initial welcome PM to this line, however logging into my account doesn't work, resetting the password tells me my number doesn't exist.

Putting in the PM SIM card at first was 100% not functioning, no text in/out, no calls in/out.

I noticed on Friday texts in/out work however only calls out work.  Calls in still go to the rogers voicemail.. so i think something is being worked on for me but not sure since i've been getting no responses.

Is it seriously that backlogged that we're waiting for almost a week for service?  Why did my own line go smoothly and not this one?  Are other people getting support out there?  I understand there's a backlog to deal with and I'm being as patient as I can (I read the post by Dave).. but my worry is NO ONE is being responded to and we're all just sitting here.

really really would appreciate some help here, am I not doing enough to get support to look at my problem?

frustrated.. 

I'll try the tag again @Saray_O could you please lend me a hand?

12 REPLIES 12

drewswerd
Whew! The last message got @Shazia_K to respond to my PMs and initiated the port over. She mentioned it takes 30min to 2 hours for a text message to confirm successful port. Got the text message at the 2 hour mark - reboot phone, immediately tested inbound/outbound calls and texting and FINALLY I'm ported over!! Wish it wasn't such a long wait, but I'm glad it finally got fixed.

danygrl17
I thought my 9 day wait was long. Not very encouraging to see you've been waiting 14 days. I myself have absolutely no service. Can only sen iMessages when I'm on wifi. And according to the recipients of these messages, it's the PM number showing up. Initially took new number, then tried porting active Telus number. Said it was successful, but still no cell or data service. Tried everything community told me to try with no luck. Sent several messages to 3 different mods and they haven't even read my messages yet. I know there is a backlog , but incredibly frustrating not having a phone. @Mary_M, @Shazia_R, @Saray_O. Please please help me. I don't even have the benefit of using my old Telus Sim because it has been deactivated during the unsuccessful port.

drewswerd

@Shazia_K please can i get some help?  @mmah0428 which thread did you post in?

mmah0428
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I never got a reply to my private message but like others in the forum, I just "latched" onto a post where there was a moderator fixing peoples issues, and then I posted too, and then sent another private message detailing my info, and then they fixed it.  It was an incomplete port so they resubmitted to Rogers, and 30 minutes later I got a text confirming it was complete.  @Shazia_K helped me out there...

drewswerd

Hey.. this is getting ridiculous. I've been patiently waiting over the week and checking out forum posts to make sure i'm doing all that I can without whining and complaining.  It's now been TWO WEEKS.  I'm going to have to get refund of services at this point.  Someone out there, PLEASE I'm stuck in limbo here since the Rogers line has half our services (inbound calls+data+voicemail), while PM has the other half (outbound calls+texting).  I can't simply wait on my Rogers SIM because we actually don't have any services!

My heart skipped a bit when someone from PM finally private messaged me, except i didn't get an email notification, I was two days delayed in replying, and now waiting even more days for a reply from this person.  I've provided all the necessary info in the private message - what can i do???

Please PM..  like a lot of others, we're trying our best here..  help us out! 

akpo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Also, some people cannot even create a new account as when they enter in the phone number during the account creation process, or they try resetting the password, it leads them to a page that says error/invalid number/account not verified or something.

Things must be super backlogged at the moment.

akpo

I have the same issue as you mmah, phone is working completely with the exception of incoming calls (gets transferred to voicemail), my old account with Rogers is still active when I login, etc.

Waiting for a mod to help out.

mmah0428
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I have the exact same issue. I was able to figure out how to login to my account though. Go to My Account then click Create Account and enter your phone number. You will then get a text with a code. Enter that then you have to go through the same activation questions. Then you can login. You can verify a few details like your plan but didn't help get my incoming calls working. I think it's a stuck port. Waiting for a moderator to get back to me too since the 16th. Hope that helps at least.

akpo

The thing is they will honor the promotion and the promotion rates are certainly a lot better than anything I've ever seen from another carrier (except for Wind, which offers a completely different service in my opinion).

If your port is incomplete, best to put in your old sim card (it should be working) and then wait until Monday-Tues to seek proper help.

akpo

It's because they are overwhelmed/backlogged.

I'm sure they knew this promotion would have a crazy number of influx customers, but even if they knew they can't possibly deal with it in time (a company would have to hire a lot more technicians and customer reps/mods).

I did get help but am still waiting on the full/complete port just like you.  The last time I got help was yesterday, Friday morning, at around 10-11am EST.  Today is Saturday and quite frankly I do not know if the mods/technicians work on the weekends.

Best bet is to wait until Monday (will be even more swamped as more people are trying to port today/tomorrow, last days of the promo) or Tues/Wednesday and then start the tagging process at a popular/active thread again.  I know I'll be doing that to get my port completed too.

drewswerd

thanks but i did all the things you mentioned with the details in my PM.  I also did the tagging thing on an active thread, no such luck.  I've tried to lurk around looking for mod's to pop online and catch them then, but I haven't had the time to stay and keep hitting refresh and find the illusive mod's.  I did the posting research, read the posts on how to ask for help, being understanding of the huge interest causing the backlog.. What's frustrating me is that there's no standard protocol to get things resolved.  Why's it that I did pretty much exactly what you did, yet you got help and response and I didn't? 

akpo

Hang in there, most likely an incomplete port for sure if you cannot login to your account/reset account password.

I had the same thing happen to me.  What I was told is that you private message a mod once, with all your details (number, account name/username/e-mail, PM SIM card, old account number, cellphone #, IMEI, etc) and then wait.  I did that and then tagged a mod in here, in an active thread, so they had to see it, and then they focused their attention to me afterwards.  My issues were solved, I could get calls going out, data, text, but atm still have no incoming calls.  My port is probably not fully completed.

So hang in there, goto an active and busy thread, tag mods, and if that doesn't work then wait until Monday/Tuesday when the work week comes around again.  The wait is definitely worth it.

Need Help? Let's chat.