cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried porting my Koodo number onto my Public Mobile account, but ended up stealing someone else's

zhijee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I recently just got Public Mobile and I'm coming over from Koodo. I did the activate with a new number, then port number via Self Service. My Koodo phone number got deactivated almost instantly and was emailed by Koodo about it, but when PM texted me that the port was successful, I ended up with a different phone number AND it turns out it's someone else's phone number too. 

I got a call from someone asking if it was the number was 778-XXX-XXXX and I said yes, it turns out that the phone number belonged to them and that their line got disconnected when my number got changed into the wrong one. Can any mods deactivate the number and give me back the original number I lost in the process? I've already contact via the Contact Us email option, but it's been a week and I still don't have an answer. This is urgent because it's inconveniencing both me and especially someone else I don't know. 

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I seem to have posted about this already, but forgot about it. Sorry for the repeat post. Case still unresolved though.

4 REPLIES 4

zhijee

No, they were on Chatr and had the number for numerous years. The number they had suddenly deactivated when my Koodo got lost and I got ported to a different number (the exact number the person was calling about). 

Did the person that called you saying it was their number were they on the same provider as you.  It sounds like your old provider ported the wrong number not PM

ETA I see you said they were on a different provider that is really strange

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

zhijee

The first half, yes. I don't understand how I would've taken someone else's number as well as none of the details that I provided would've matched up since they were on a different service provider as well.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That's really strange, is your phone number similar to the one that you received?  It doesn't make sense why this would even happen?

Need Help? Let's chat.