cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# Transfer Confirmation

Gibby21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to confirm when my number transfer is complete? Currently cannot receive texts, my old service provider told me the transfer would be complete 30 minutes ago so I'm worried something went wrong.

3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Gibby21   If you've already replied YES to the old provider's text message you can put the Public Mobile sim in your phone (assuming physical sim) and then re-start the phone.  Have you done all that and it is still not working?   Is it only texts that are not working, are you able to make and receive phone calls and does data work?

Omarrwill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can also test your sim if you have another phone to make sure it's not the phone settings. But it sounds like you have the same issue so I would go right to customer service if your data and calls are working 

Omarrwill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had to do this yesterday. I received an email saying the transfer was completed. You also have to keep you old sim in to accept the port from your old provider and say YES to the sms you receive. My text was wasn't working even after the transfer so I got a ticket from customer service and they reset the network 

Need Help? Let's chat.