cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch number to another phone

Kan3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My current phone has a public mobile e-sim. The screen is broken so I can't see it or use it. How do I switch my number to a new phone? Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Kan3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you! This worked exactly like you instructed. At then end of the e-sim install, the app gave a message indicating something was wrong but the e-sim installed properly.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kan3 

Luckily, you can get a replacement for FREE on your new phone

To rebuy new eSIM for FREE, first, download the app on your new phone.   
Since your original phone's screen is broken, you likely need to get the 2FA code via email.  On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Didn't get the code? or  Resend code and then choose Send email.   

Once logged in, Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM

Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install (the system will check and apply a $5 credit to bring the total price back to $0 at checkout), and follow the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

Existing eSIM users at Public Mobile who need a replacement can do so at no extra cost. When you request a new eSIM through the usual process, we automatically identify you as an existing eSIM user and waive the replacement fee. See below for steps on how to get your new eSIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.