cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription renewal date

marcnoel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Greetings.

For over two months, my 90-day plan was scheduled to re-new on August 30.  Now it says August 29.  I know one day may not seem like a big deal, but I am concerned it may happen again, reducing my current time allotment even more, plus, possibly happen again in future.  Anybody know what's going on?

I tried twice to submit a ticket, but keep getting an error message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12

Yes, this changed just recently. Previous to this it was a day later. They shifted it up one day.
So now you need to look at it as your plan (or sign up) started at 11:59pm eastern of the first date and goes to 11:59pm eastern of the second date.
I'm fine with the second date. As I was before fine with the first date. But once again they go about confusing things with a wrong date.

marcnoel

The main issue is... why did they back up my start date by one day?  It started June 1, and showed that for over two months.  Now it says May 31.

@marcnoel wrote:

Okay.  It turns out that, June 1 - 30, inclusive, is 30 days, then July 1 - 30 is 30, then July 31 - August 29 is 30.  This means that it should be June 1 to August 29.  It was June 1 - August 30 for two months, but now says May 31 to August 29, which is actually 91 days, inclusive.  The current end date is correct, but the start date is one day early.

This was mentioend in my first treply to to this thread. In some places in the account, Public Mobile does show the wrong date.  It's been like this for a while.  Adding to the confusion is how different dates will be shown depending on where you look.  On the overview page,  a date is shown, but in the payments section, a different date is shown.  I believe that the Rewards page shows yet another different date.

marcnoel

Okay.  It turns out that, June 1 - 30, inclusive, is 30 days, then July 1 - 30 is 30, then July 31 - August 29 is 30.  This means that it should be June 1 to August 29.  It was June 1 - August 30 for two months, but now says May 31 to August 29, which is actually 91 days, inclusive.  The current end date is correct, but the start date is one day early.

@marcnoel wrote:

In your calculations, July 1 and August 1 are counted twice, so that is incorrect.  If you are paying for a full day, regardless of when you purchase the plan, you don't pay for July 1 twice - once at the end of a 30-day cycle, and once at the beginning of the next.  There has been no problem over the last eight years.  This just came up in the last two weeks.  The plan duration is the same, but was shifted back a day, saying I started the plan on May 31, but I got it on June 1.

I wasn't attempting to calculate your renewal date. I was only using the dates that you gave.  The point is that the first day needs to be counted as a full day.

marcnoel

In your calculations, July 1 and August 1 are counted twice, so that is incorrect.  If you are paying for a full day, regardless of when you purchase the plan, you don't pay for July 1 twice - once at the end of a 30-day cycle, and once at the beginning of the next.  There has been no problem over the last eight years.  This just came up in the last two weeks.  The plan duration is the same, but was shifted back a day, saying I started the plan on May 31, but I got it on June 1.

@marcnoel wrote:

My apologies.  I didn't think to add this information.

The plan is 90 days, purchased on June 1, and expiring August 30.  June 1 to July 1 is 30 days, July 1 to July 31 is 30 days, and July 31 to August 30 is 30 days.  Day 1 to day 2 is one day passed, not two days inclusive, meaning, if you start at noon on June 1, then noon on June 2 is 24 hours, or one day, later.  Anyway, the start and end dates switched from June 1 - August 30, to May 31 - August 29.  Same amount of time, but back-dated one day.  I don't understand why.

June 1 to July 1 is 31 days, July 1 to Jul 31 is 31 days, and July 31 to August 30 is also 31 days.  You're forgetting to count the first day.  There are no partial days of service. The service being used for any part of a day counts as a full day and needs to be paid for.

marcnoel

The plan is 90 days, purchased on June 1, and expiring August 30.  June 1 to July 1 is 30 days, July 1 to July 31 is 30 days, and July 31 to August 30 is 30 days.  Day 1 to day 2 is one day passed, not two days inclusive, meaning, if you start at noon on June 1, then noon on June 2 is 24 hours, or one day, later.  Anyway, the start and end dates switched from June 1 - August 30, to May 31 - August 29.  Same amount of time, but back-dated one day.  I don't understand why.

marcnoel

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @marcnoel 

are you on 30 days plan or 90 days?

reminder, PM's plan are 30 days or 90 days, not monthly or quarterly, so the payment date will change. 

when was the last time you paid or what was the current cycle start date?

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@marcnoel 

Public Mobile plans run on 30-day consecutive cycles. 

Due to this your renewal date will fall back by one day approximately every 2 months regardless if it’s a 30 day or 90 day plan as it is not “monthly”. 

@marcnoel wrote:

Greetings.

For over two months, my 90-day plan was scheduled to re-new on August 30.  Now it says August 29.  I know one day may not seem like a big deal, but I am concerned it may happen again, reducing my current time allotment even more, plus, possibly happen again in future.  Anybody know what's going on?

I tried twice to submit a ticket, but keep getting an error message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In the Self Serve account, different dates that contradict each other other shown.  On the main overview page, it would show plan last from a date such as August 1 to August 31.   That infromation is actually incorreect as that's 31 days.  

Need Help? Let's chat.