cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription change

ross11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently subscribed to a $34 5G 30 GB plan I see now that they have a promotion for $34 5G 30gb Canada US plan can I change plans so I have access to US calls this would be very helpful since where I'm located I I'm always getting messages incorrectly welcoming me to the US  add-ons

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ross11 

yes, the plan is available to subscribe on your My Account.  Login My Account, Change Subscription and you can request plan change, schedule it using Change on Renewal

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@ross11   There is a $34 for 50GB Canada/US, is that the one you mean?  If so you can just log in to your account and select a subscription change to that plan but make sure to select it for next renewal and not an immediate change otherwise you will lose what you paid for the current plan.  You might still get the messages though because they are automatic when the system senses you have crossed the border, maybe someone else knows if that would still be a thing.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

You can get rid of those "welcome to the US" texts by going into your phone's settings and manually change network settings from automatic to Public Mobile. *

If you want to update your plan (at the same cost), the $34 Can/US plan is now available to existing customers as well. Go into your account and change subscription. Make sure to chose "change at renewal" so that you don't forfeit non-refundable plan cost and remaining data on your current plan. 

* Edited to add that, obviously the manual network setting only makes sense on the Canada only plan. If you update to the Can/US plan your phone would likely just automatically pick the connection with the stronger signal, no matter if it's PM (Telus) or T-Mobile or AT&T across the border. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you can see that plan when you log in to your account then you can schedule plan change and on next renewal you will be switched to new one.

If new plan you like is for new customers only then you are considered as 'old' customer and you are not eligible to subscribe.
You can always ask agent to change your plan and they might do it for you but not always (depending on agent).

OR you can keep current plan for 30 days then cancel it and right now open new plan (new SIM, new email, etc.).

Need Help? Let's chat.