cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsnet+ region-locking me out of my region

kshenefelt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First time I’ve tried to watch a game on data since switching to Public Mobile. I can watch channels so my subscription is recognized but living in Edmonton I am locked out of a home Oilers game. 

I have confirmed my APN is set correctly. I switched service from Telus where I had no issues. 

9 REPLIES 9

kshenefelt

I guess I will try this later tonight when it’s more convenient. 

@kshenefelt 

you might be ok if you release and try to get another IP.  You might need to turn off Mobile Data for couple hours before you can get another IP

kshenefelt

I had no issues previously with Telus watching at work where I am now. 

kshenefelt

I pay specifically for Sportsnet+. I do not have any sports package. 

kshenefelt

My location is showing as Calgary. I don’t see anything I can identify as Sportsnet on the blackout list. 

spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net

b.barracudacentral.org

Are the only two with red marks. 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kshenefelt - You can if you have a TV package from the big three with SN use Live TV to watch the game.

• Telus TV OR Optik TV is Telus TV+
  • Bell TV is the Bell Fiber TV App
  • Rogers / Shaw is the Ignite TV App.

I already tried the Telus TV+ to watch a NHL game in Camrose on PM, so should work.

Oh and also, my IP address is somewhere in North-east Alberta 😑

@kshenefelt wrote:

First time I’ve tried to watch a game on data since switching to Public Mobile. I can watch channels so my subscription is recognized but living in Edmonton I am locked out of a home Oilers game. 

I have confirmed my APN is set correctly. I switched service from Telus where I had no issues. 

I've long had issues with Telus/Altima IP addresses pointing to me being in a different province (not just specific to Public Mobile).  For services that depend soley on IP addresses, the only solution that I can think of would be to use proxy/anonymonizing software.  At the very least, this issue is an annoyance (ex.  advertising for stores and services that aren't located or offered where I am), or as you've noticed, it can block services that you've paid for/should be available where you are.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kshenefelt - Try these links

Please note the blacklist requires the IPV4 IP Address located in the FIRST link. Copy it and paste it in the text field in the second link to see if it works.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kshenefelt 

check where is my ip from different website, what is the result? does it show it for Edmonton correctly?

Need Help? Let's chat.