cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, your account activation request has failed

conner
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Just tried activating my account. Received the welcome email and activation email, but can't log in and the form said "Sorry, your account activation request has failed".

Any solutions to this?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @preetiviswanath

I see our Community members were able to help you out and you're all set now! Have a great day 😄 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

preetiviswanath

Hi @Saray_O

I am facing the same issue for my sim. I had tried activating my new sim and paid the amount for the plan. My account is debited with the amount and transaction is also successful. But unable to login to my account with the user ID and password that i had created.

Also, currently on my phone, i get the public mobile signal but unable to send any messages or make any calls. Get the message, "Your current plan does not include text messaging" or "calling not included in your plan".

Can you please help me in getting this issue resolved at the earliest.

Thanks

We are supporting conner on his more recent thread "No Service".  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/No-Service/m-p/81183

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@conner okay, then I'm definitely out of my depth (I'm an Android guy).  Hopefully someone else can jump in here to help!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

conner

I am on the latest iPhone update avaialble, thanks!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@conner are you on the latest iOS 10.x version?  I've heard of people having this issue when on an older iOS build.  Can you please try connecting to iTunes and checking for updates?

Other than that I will tag a couple of iPhone hot shots to help:  @Luddite @Rockdaddy22 EDIT: also @jheili99

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

conner

Activation is all complete and my account is set up, but I'm getting no service on my phone. I have an iPhone 6 and I've reset the carrier settings and done several reboots.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @conner

I'm sorry you had issues with your activation! 

Your account stayed on "draft" mode even though you activated it correctly, but I have fixed this for you! 🙂 Could you reboot your phone so it recognizes the change? After your service is active, you can try creating a new Self Serve account. 

Let me know if you need anything else! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

conner

It was on a computer. Since I received the first activation email I've also received eight completely empty emails from the Public Mobile address, which is weird. Wonder what's going on.

Databoi11

Hi,

I had this same problem last night too, are you using your iPad or mobile phone to create the account? I tried activating using my iPad and I had the same message, so I tried using my computer and it worked after. 

If not, then you have to contact one of the mods tmrw morning at 9 for assistance. 

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @conner

Make sure you put everything correctly. If it still fails, you may need a moderator to help you. @Mary_M  Just be patient, they will help you tomorrow. Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.