cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R_M
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New subscription. I started to sign up about a month ago and quit because the Can/US plan was not a avilable. Now the plan is available I startedthe sign up process again but could not get past the Enter Sim # it said the simcard # was in use. 

3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@R_M   Maybe it means it is still in use on your previous partially set up account.  Had you got as far as entering the sim number the previous time?  If so I would think you can just continue with the activation as @computergeek541 suggested but with the Canada-US plan available now. 

@R_M wrote:

New subscription. I started to sign up about a month ago and quit because the Can/US plan was not a avilable. Now the plan is available I startedthe sign up process again but could not get past the Enter Sim # it said the simcard # was in use. 

Sorry, but SIM cards cannot be reused.  You'll need to get another if you ported out to another carrier.  If you simply stopped paying for your original Public Mobile plan, a plan change can be performed.

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@R_M - Since you already used that SIM card on your old account it can no longer be used therefore you will need to buy a new one.

Most carriers have this implementation in their SIM cards.

Need Help? Let's chat.