cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning to Public

jobella
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am a former customer and would like to return to Public after having switched to Koodo 🙂

I would like to know what I need to do?

I still have my old Public sim card and am still using my Public number and was wondering if I needed to order a new sim card? Can I reactive it?

Thanks

Jobella

11 REPLIES 11

lat34hat34
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You may be able to keep your number if you call Public (since they allow you to keep your number). With that said, because you're in Quebec, I'm not sure if they'd allow your Ontario number. Then again, if you're on a Canada Wide plan, then I can't see the harm since it doesn't affect your calling or text no matter where in Canada you are. 🙂

jobella

Thanks Luddite,

Will be back next Tuesday 🙂

So maybe can order it online so that it will be at home when i get there.

My koodo profile was put in sleep mode while I was abroad. Will that affect things?

My number is also an Ontario number but I am in Quebec and would like to keep same number....

Thanks for your assistance.

Joanna

@jobella

You can order online, and have it delivered to your house (in Canada).  

Recently, there are so many promotions from Public Mobile.  When you get back home, you can see which promotions are available.  The $25 promo ends on September 13, so you probably going to miss that one.  Pretty sure there will be some good promotions going forward.  

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You need a new PM card and you can transfer your number to the new PM card.

Some related info:

- https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Getting-Started/ta-p/162

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/25182

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

But in short:

- while you can purchase a SIM online it can be delivered only within Canada

- open a PM account before porting just in case something interferes with PM activation

- keep your Koodo account active until the port to PM is finished; your Koodo account will close automatically

- for the $25 referral jusr enter a friend's phone number as the "referral" when activating your PM account.

Welcome back. Robot Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jobella  it is reccomended taht you get a new number to ensure that there are no set up issues.  once set up then you can port.

jobella

Thanks for the assistance KMG Town Hero!

I am currently overseas and do not have the possibility to purchase in store before the 13th.

Can I purchase SIM online? Why do you suggest taking on a new number and then porting my number? I really don't want to loose my number 😞

People are also talking to me about $25  referral? Can you tell me more about that?

Do I need to do anything with Koodo?

Thanks again 🙂

@jobella wrote:

Hi,

I am a former customer and would like to return to Public after having switched to Koodo 🙂

I would like to know what I need to do?

I still have my old Public sim card and am still using my Public number and was wondering if I needed to order a new sim card? Can I reactive it?

Thanks

Jobella

You will be treated as a brand new customer.  Sorry, but your old sim card is useless.  On a good note, you'll be eligible for any promotions that new customers can get now.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jobella as mentioned you need a new sim you can buy at Walmart London drugs wow mobile ork mobile.

Not sure if Walmart sill has the25$  promo going but you and your referee can both get 25$ if you activate online by Sept 13. If you don't know anyone on pm private message anyone i  this thread and I am pretty sure you will get a referral to use.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You need new sim I was able to sign up again under same email from koodo. After switching to koodo then back.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You will need to purchase a new SIM card.  When you ported over to Koodo last time, your PM account was deactivated, as was the SIM card.

You can activate it the new SIM online, or at a store (like Walmart, for example).  I would recommend using the option to take a new phone number when activating.  Once it is up and running, you can then port your phone number over using selfserve.

Need Help? Let's chat.