cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund

Bigred04
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to get a refund. The app is so slow, you can't see whether a screen is refreshing or not. I didn't get any alert saying my new plan would be added to the money I already paid for the renewal that happened last week. It's ridiculous that I'll be paying $78 for a month's worth of 3g service and 1 gig of data.

7 REPLIES 7

Bigred04

Hi, As of today, there has been no response from PM. Pitty their CS is so poor.

@Bigred04 , please update us after you get a response back from CS_Agent to let is know how it goes.

I am not sure where your network data settings is on an android phone to suggest where to change it. Sorry. 😞 I have an iPhone.

Edit: Google search says: Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Mode

Bigred04

Thank you all for your suggestions. I did use a link to send a message explaining the situation. I hope it can be worked out. I have a Samsung A12, which is sufficient for my needs. I've only had it 18 months and I'm still getting used to it. I wouldn't know how to change it from 3G to 4G. I do often see my connection is 4G or even 5G, especially in the US. BTW, the $78 was the partial total of my old $50 plan and my new $25 plan and yes, I did say change now, thinking it would cancel out the previous plan. Had I know how it worked, I would have just left it until prior to my next renewal date. Thank you all.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Bigred04 wrote:

I would like to get a refund. The app is so slow, you can't see whether a screen is refreshing or not. I didn't get any alert saying my new plan would be added to the money I already paid for the renewal that happened last week. It's ridiculous that I'll be paying $78 for a month's worth of 3g service and 1 gig of data.

@Bigred04 , I am not positive if I understand you correctly so if I misunderstood I am sorry. You said your plan renewed last week then you paid for a new plan but it sounds like you didn’t select change on renewal. Am I correct? If so Public Mobile is prepaid & not prorated so no refunds for any unused time from your previous plan! You will pay full price for a new plan when you select to change plan now & not change plan on renewal! Sorry  😔 

Edit: If this was done in error & you did select change plan on renewal please send a private message to CS_Agent using the link that @Andy85 provided to have this corrected for you.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Bigred04 ,

Sorry to hear that your app is very slow and caused a billing issue. It looks like it needs to be investigated further. By any chance, did you select the 90 day plan instead of the 30 day plan?

If not, I would suggest submitting a ticket to customer support so that they can look into the billing issue. Here is the link to submit a ticket:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They will respond to you via the community inbox so keep an eye out for their response. Thanks

Teo0321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Bigred04 

I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience. In the context of Public Mobile being a prepaid service, it's important to note that, similar to many other prepaid operators, refunds for unused monthly charges are generally not a common practice.

Please reach out to Public Mobile's customer support. You can submit a ticket to a customer support agent using this link. They'll be able to assist you further if they can.

Note that they are currently overwhelmed by all of the Black Friday tickets, so it may take up to 24 hours to get a response. Be patient.

Best of luck, and I hope this gets sorted for you! 🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Bigred04 

PM is prepaid provider and usually do not provide refund

Since you are already signed up this 30 days, maybe we can help to make it work

why you have pay $78? you made a plan change with Change Now option?

and what phone do you have? check your network mode and change it to 4G and test it , and test the data in different area

Also try to Reset all networks on your phone

Need Help? Let's chat.