cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: RFB LG K32 (LG MOBILE PHONE) Can't locate apps

PublicGoat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1)       After down loading apps they do not rest on my welcome screen. 

2)       There is no "APP" locating feature on my welcome screen that locates apps

3)        My computer does not recognize this new phone and hence I am not able to transfer                  data.

Any assistance from the community would be appreciated.   

PG

11 REPLIES 11

@PublicGoat 

I would recommend the iPhone 7 for $179 or the Samsung A12 for $199 or the iPhone 8 for $209. 
Keep in mind that there maybe two or three more years of update on the iPhone 7.

@PublicGoat   that is a great solution!!

would you consider A12?  good price .. yes, it is entry level only

PublicGoat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have resolved this problem.  I have re-packaged this phone to send it back for credit

after realizing how lacking it is  . 

Not connecting to my lap-top.   

Apps not present after I down-load them.   

No face recognition. 

No fingerprint recognition. 

Poorly laid out home screen screen. 

Not enough home screens to hold all my apps.

No NFC for contactless payment 

There is probably more I stopped discovering them 

Sorry LG there are better products out there and I'm gonna find one

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PublicGoat   did you get the RFB phone from Public?  If so, try it and decide within the 30 days.   If too much trouble, I would suggest to return it.  

I am looking at the CPO list on PM.  

LG K32  $139

Samsung A12 $199  

there is a $60 difference but Samsung A12 should be a better phone on the spec.  Better processor , more ram, bigger battery

Also, LG is going out of phone business, not sure how long K32 will have support.  Samsung will like have another year of support for A12, or even 2023

If you don't mind to $10 more, Samsung is selling the A12 BRAND NEW , not pre-owned, for $209.99

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @PublicGoat  , and for the computer issue, did you try to download LG mobile driver?

https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-library/lg-mobile-drivers-and-software-CT10000027-20150179827560

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @PublicGoat  , did you check your Home screen setting?  There could be an option to "Add icon on Home screen for new app".  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@PublicGoat wrote:

2)       There is no "APP" locating feature on my welcome screen that locates apps

3)        My computer does not recognize this new phone and hence I am not able to transfer                  data.

PG

@PublicGoat 

Apps won't necessarily populate on your home screen after downloading.  

• If you swipe up, there should be a "Search" bar at the top. 
  • Type the app name there, it will locate it if downloaded properly.
  • Then HOLD app and it should give you an option to "Add to Home".
  • The app will show on the home page, but likely on a next page if the landing page is full.
  • Once you swipe left to find it, hold the app, then 'move' it to the desired location/page.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Try a different launcher nova launcher comes to mind. It has a app search feature.

Have you tried swiping up? To get the app list? Shortcuts are not always created that go directly on home screen.

You might need drivers for your phone to connect to your PC. Apple op windows what version?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@PublicGoat wrote:

PG

Does this help ?....

LG K32 packs a 32GB ROM on its system. This internal storage is expandable through an SD card slot. You can add as much as 32GB to the existing capacity. As always, an SD card is not included in the box. You will need to purchase it separately.

Without the SD card, the 32GB internal storage hosts enough apps and data for essential tasks only.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PublicGoat 

Can you not hold your finger down on the app and drag it over to the welcome screen?  When you connect phone to computer. Pull down the notification bar. It may say charge only. Click that and it will give other options. Change it to something like media for the computer to recognize it. 

Unless you're saying nothing at all is working?

Need Help? Let's chat.