cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding refund

sana1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I recently got my self and my brother a sim of Public Mobile. But since my brother phone had a carrier problem due to which the sim did not work on his phone. We return the sim to the seller  But a payment of $56.50 including taxes was charged from our account. I wanted to inquire as to how i can get a refund since for that payment as the Payment was charged to us.I have the receipt for the transaction.Please help me

24 REPLIES 24

@Cyncle

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  The moderator wait times have been 48-72 hours.  So, hopefully, you will get response either today or tomorrow.  Moderators do work on weekends, but at reduced hours.  

Cyncle

hi I need help with refund and sent a pm to @CS_Agent on thursday but stilll have got a response.  Plz help,

Giang0809

Why I'm still getting charged another $75.71 on my Visa credit card today Sept 26. I need this credit return back to my Visa. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Giang0809 wrote:

Public offered a port number to Koodo and I had ported my phone number to Koodo couples day ago. I want to know how do I get my money back from Public mobile since I'm already prepaid 3 months ehead on my acccount. Thanks

You don't. However, usually when taking up an offer you get some excess credit from the new place that could in effect cover your "loss" from the old place.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You cannot.  Public Mobile is prepaid, and so there are no refunds of unused time or account balance.  This is the case with ALL prepaid providers, not just Public Mobile.

Giang0809

Public offered a port number to Koodo and I had ported my phone number to Koodo couples day ago. I want to know how do I get my money back from Public mobile since I'm already prepaid 3 months ehead on my acccount. Thanks

@Debbie3767

Not sure whether you are the friend in this post or another different customer wth another problem.  If you have issues, you will need to contact moderator via private messaging.  Public mobile employee will not call you.  There is no call center.

If you have not contacted moderator yet, please do the following:

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

Expect 1-2 day wait times....

Debbie3767

I am sorry you feel that way but I haven't had this problem before and my phone is compatible with all areas I am not providing false information I was told by other people that you guys are a very good company that will do everything to comadate and compensate your customers but I guess they were wrong I will be waiting to hear from you hopefully by phone as I have never ever had to deal with a company this way before

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ali9 wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

Whether it's prepaid or postpaid it does not matter. If  service provider fails  to provide service than refund should be issued.  Please do not provide false information to public.

The fact that the phone did not work on the network does not constitute "fails to provide service" by the carrier!

In her OP  she mentioned taht SIM did not work which implies that problem was with the SIM not with phone . Yes problem was with the phone than you are right.

@Ali9  more often than not the problem is 1 or both of:

1) Phone is locked to anohter provider (other than Telus or Koodo) and needs to be unlocked by that provider, and/or

2) Phone is not compatbile with PM's (Telus') network.  This is particular prevalant in phones coming from other regions (Europe, India, Asia, etc) that are not designed for use in North America.  Those phones will usually work fine with Rogers/Fido/Chatr since Rogers operates an antiquated 2G GSM network, but they are the only operator in Canada to do so.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Ali9 wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Ali9 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@sana1234, Public Mobile is a prepaid service and as such there are no refunds.  Please don't post personal information in the public forum.

Whether it's prepaid or postpaid it does not matter. If  service provider fails  to provide service than refund should be issued.  Please do not provide false information to public.

The fact that the phone did not work on the network does not constitute "fails to provide service" by the carrier!

In her OP  she mentioned taht SIM did not work which implies that problem was with the SIM not with phone . Yes problem was with the phone than you are right.

If it was the sim she should have went back and ask for another sim, not a refund.

Ali9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Ali9 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@sana1234, Public Mobile is a prepaid service and as such there are no refunds.  Please don't post personal information in the public forum.

@Ali9 There is plenty of warnings and what not about ensuring your phone is compatible!

@Ali9 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Ali9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @sana1234,

We've responded to your private message. Please check your inbox.

Best,

Syed

mimmo

@sana1234  I might have misunderstood your original post.  did you activate the second sim?  or did you simply buy a voucher that   was not used to activate the sim card if its the second then just use the voucher on your account.

If you acually used the voucher to activate the sim card, do you have any of the info regarding the sale ie sim card number, tel number assigened etc...   you will need some of that plus any other info.  I believe the  best you could hope for is a goodwill account canelation and a "funds" transfer to your account but as mentioned everything at PM is prepaid and no refunds.    

mimmo

I'm not even sure why Walmart took the day back. Every sim I have bought has always been final sale Before activating after activating would be even more final as that sim is activated and has a plan.

It's not pm fault nor Walmart that the phone did not work on the network.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can try contacting the Moderator Team and explaining your situation.  However, there is no guarantee that they will provide a refund.  As mentioned above, Public Mobile is a prepaid service, meaning that there are generally no refunds issued.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@sana1234

Walmart should have given you another new SIM card.  It looks like that you just paid for the $50 + taxes for the plan.  Sim cards are usually $10 + taxes.  If you got an account number/phone number, you could get another SIM card and use the account.  

However, if you really want a refund, the moderators are the only ones that could possibly consider that option. No guarantee that Public mobile will give you a refund, but worth a try...

Send a private message through the following link :

Include your phone number, account number and PIN.

Expect about 48 hours response. 

sana1234

Hello it was at a Walmart store and it was a $50 plan a month with 8 GB of data. I have the invoice as a proof also

popping

@sana1234 wrote:

I know that the service is prepaid but we were charged $56.60 for his sim that did not work on his phone so we returned it back to the seller. As we did not buy the sim of public mobile for him so i was hoping how can i get the refund for that as my account has been charged against it.

Which store did you activate your PM plan?

Which plan did you activated?

sana1234

I know that the service is prepaid but we were charged $56.60 for his sim that did not work on his phone so we returned it back to the seller. As we did not buy the sim of public mobile for him so i was hoping how can i get the refund for that as my account has been charged against it.

popping

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.