cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with photo messaging

Christine112
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.  At least for the last several months, I haven't been able  to reliably download photos (described as "objects" ) on my messaging apps: most of the time it doesn't work, rarely and briefly it seems to work, even with the wifi on and the mobile data setting on.   The problem is on my Samsung S10.  I have the most recent version of Android.  This problem starting after public mobile sent me an email in August 2023 indicating that I must update my Android operating system in order to continue using photo messaging and group messaging.  My son, who is also on public mobile but on another account, who uses a One Plus 8t cellphone, has the exact issues on his phone, and these issues started at approximately the same time as mine. He has the latest Android operating system as well.  

The profile in my Public Mobile account says I'm using next to no data ... 

What could be the problem?

Thanks! 

Christine

5 REPLIES 5

Christine112

I'll give it a try ... thanks

Christine112

No new information  ... still don't understand.

Christine

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

hey @Christine112 

My co-worker had the same issue. Try this and see if it works. Go into your network settings, turn off automatic. Then pick Public Mobile. Then reboot. Try there and see if that works. 

Go into Settings then Connections. Once you're in Connections, scroll down to Mobile Network. Then Network operators, turn off automatic and choose PM.

To change APN settings go to....  Settings, then Connections, then data usage, then make sure Mobile data is turned on. Then mobile networks, access point names, and then enter what @Sansan put below.

Christine112

Hi again.

I'm not really tech savvy ...   

You say "if not, then delete and add the following" ... delete what? where can I find the items I have to delete and do I insert the above lines in the same destination as those items I delete ?? Sorry, it's not clear in my mind.  

Also, in the app setting ... what should I be looking for exactly?

Thanks!

Christine

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Christine112  did you check your apn setting?

See if your phone has the following. If not, delete and add the below 

APN: sp.mb.com

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port: 8799

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

APN Type: default,supl,mms

or default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

Need Help? Let's chat.