cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Cellular Connection

LJ4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anyone else have atrocious cellular coverage in the Greater Vancouver Area? I have an S20, hub has Iphone and he gets good access, mine is sh*t. Yes I have reset it, checked APN, checked ALL of it. Multiple tickets with PB. Im just about ready to cancel. Any last ideas? We are in North Surrey. I will give anyone who can solve this problem $100. No Joke.

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This sounds like a phone problem to me.  The fact that a phone is able to get for reception in one location and another phone in the same area is getting bad reception suggest the possibility of a phone issue.  Different phones have different reception capabilities, but not so much difference as described.  The fact that there is a network connection made, network resets won't do anything.  This kind of troubleshooting only helps if there's no network connection.  The only thing to try is using the phone at a different location to see if the reception problem is persistent.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LJ4   do you have bad voice reception or data?

APN can only affect data and won't help with voice

Do you see better reception in another area ?

Did you try to click Reset All networks? 

since your hubby is using an iPhone.  Try the PM sim in the iPhone and see if you see any difference in reception

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LJ4 

PM connects to Telus cell towers so reception/coverage should be good in North Surrey.

Does you Samsung S20 have 5G? If so, check the cellular voice and data is set on 4G/LTE or 3G and not on 5G.

Need Help? Let's chat.