cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Downgrade Question

majsiddiqui
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello PM Community,

I have a work assigned phone and not using my PM line. The purchased data is going to waste unused. I forward my calls and text messages from PM line to work number. Considering to downgrade my PM line to the $15 250MB and 100-minute plan. I wanted to check if someone else has done something similar and what was their experience like?  As well as pro’s and con’s associated to such move?

I understand that this option is feasible so long as I have a work phone assigned.

Looking forward to your response. 

Thanks everyone. 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

majsiddiqui

@Dunkman Thanks for the clarification. 

@majsiddiqui  No you won’t there tied to your account not your plan 

No, you won't lose those. Don't switch to points.

As for call-forwarding, people have found that it doesn't use minutes on the $15 plan.

But things may be changing in the background right now so this may change.

majsiddiqui

@Handy1 @Dunkman Will I loose my current add-ons and Rewards when I downgrade to the $15 3G plan? Thanks. 

majsiddiqui

Thanks for the feedback. Good point on adding a $5 add-on to cover minutes. Although, I don’t get many calls on my PM line (most are spam anyways). Family calls me on WhatsApp or Facetime, so I’d be surprised to run out of 100-minutes a month. 

And yes my current 90–days 12GB plan is a grandafthered plan and I have thought about it that if I let it go, I will never get it back. 😔

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@majsiddiqui 

Yes, you can.  

Beware that call forwarding from your PM to your work phone will use up talk minutes.  The $15 plan only has 100 minutes outgoing.  You could purchase the $5 add on for 500 Canada wide minutes (unused minutes will roll over to next payment cycle). Might want to consider the $25 plan with unlimited talk.  

Edit: customers have found that call forwarding does not count toward outgoing minutes for the present $15 plan. 

Which plan are you on right now?  If it is a grandfathered plan (ie. not available right now), you won't be able to switch back.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@majsiddiqui  Is easy to do and make sense of you want to keep the PM number any not pay so much 

To change plan sign into my Account and go to plan add-ons tab and use yellow arrow to scroll thru 3G and 4G plans .

Handy1_0-1678042966013.png

Once you find plan you want be sure to change on renewal date . So you don’t lose out on current cycle

Need Help? Let's chat.