cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is now working, but the SIM number is invalid. Cannot create a 'My Account'

brideaut1971
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday I had an issue with the phone not able to connect to the Public Mobile system. That issue was resolved by buying a new phone. It seems not all cheap phones are created equal.

My new (continuing) problem is the SIM number I am using is reported as invalid when I try to create a new 'My Account'  The phone works just fine using the new SIM, but I cannot get past the First Step in the account creation.

Now, when we got the SIM card, from Public Mobile in Walmart, we did create a new account and my Gmail account was used. I never did receive a 'Welcome email'.  When I try to log into 'My Account' using my gmail address, it is reported as invalid. If I try to reset my password, again the email address is reported as invalid.

What can we do about this?

16 REPLIES 16

John_G1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

note that the customer service reps will not discuss problems with someone else's phone, no matter how authorized one is and how easy it would be to send a code to the phone. So my guy, who does not speak English at all well, may have troubles dealing with the service reps. It will be hard doing it remotely, since he is 200km from where I am at present.

John_G1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am trying to help someone who can't log in. The forgot password page says that both the phone number and the email are invalid, so there is no way to send an access or confirmation code - yet the phone works for texts and calls, in and out, and the email is the only one the person has, and it works fine with gmail. Very strange day at P.M. on several accounts.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@brideaut1971 

Enter your phone number and you will be sent a 6 digit alphanumeric code via text message from 611. Enter this to finish creating your self serve account. Take the time to copy the info you imput. Your password, 4 digit account pin #, security question and answer. Put them in a safe and secure place that you can access for future reference. After completing the registration wait a few minutes before logging in.

brideaut1971

Thank you Dunkman, this was the solution. You win the day! That link was the thing I needed. It is all done now. You get a Bravo.

brideaut1971

Going to do this now.

Thank you. Fingers crossed.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@brideaut1971 

When you activate a new account with a vendor, you will need to create your self service account at home. 

Were you using this link?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Enter your new mobile number and follow prompts to create an account. 

@brideaut1971   Ok. sorry for misunderstanding that.

So, the service is now working but a matter of creating Self Serve My Account?

Then you might need to open ticket with PM Support and tell them you are unable to create My Account.  It would be an easy fix for them.  Just message them directly

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

brideaut1971

We paid for a new SIM card. An account was activated. SIM card was confirmmed to work in the rep's phone. I cannot log into my account that was created using my email address. It isn't even recognized as a valid email, when I try 'forgot password'.

I'm going to wrangle the help page now and open a ticket.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I interpret this and your previous conversation as that now you need to use the right side Create account button to create the account. I'm surprised Walmart activated you. I thought they weren't doing that anymore.

brideaut1971

No previous accounts. I've stated this many times.

@brideaut1971  You had an existing account and a working phone number with PM , right?

When you got the new sim card, did you pay Walmart and activate a new account with a new phone number?  or you just pay for the new sim card ?

brideaut1971

Looks like this is the route I will need to go.

brideaut1971

Never had an account before. this is all new, so nothing to log into.

Tried the Forgot password thing. Tells me my email is invalid.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@brideaut1971   you don not need to create new My Account with yoru sim card.

Can you login to My Account for your existing account? 

What you need to do with the new SIM card to tie with your existing phone number and My Account is that you need top login to My Account and click Change SIM card , enter the new sim number and then pick email to receive the security code

If you are unable to login to My Account, you need to try Forgot Password first.  If still unable to do so, open ticket with PM Support to reset the password:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brideaut1971- In this case you will need to get assistance from a Public Mobile rep.  Click on the get Help button and follow instructions to open a ticket.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@brideaut1971 hi contact cs agent here

1.  you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check your community envelope for a reply

Need Help? Let's chat.