cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the fence!

DealHunter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I just want to see how many people switched to the new 55 for 4GB/month promo plan?

I am still unsure if it would be worth it....

9 REPLIES 9

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

for me, it was the US roaming option that is so much cheaper compare to other companies

TheOldVR

@DealHunter I would jump on it if you're in Ontario.... and remember that there are other opportunities to bring the monthly rate down even further.

Hope you see that you moved to PM soon! Smiley Very Happy

WearySky

@will13am indeed.  The only cheaper options than the current $55 plan are Freedom's current 4GB/$40 promo (which, bleh.  Not even worth considering really, unless you're one of the very few lucky ones that can take advantage of all its positives without being affected by its many, many negatives), or a Koodo QC 5GB plan.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is purely a personal decision.  If 4 gigs per month is required, there are not too many options out there at the moment that is in this price range.  If less data is needed, then there are more options to choose from. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When I switchd it was a simple $$ comparison. how much will I save.

Some of the other aspects are:

• do you you travel out of provnce/canada often and do you need your phone to be active. No servic outside of canada, except USA with addon
  • do you primarly call within your home provence or outside (deed to buy long distence addon)
  • do you live in a border town or interprovincial town (ie ottawa and quebec, some issues there)
  • do you have an unlocked phone (iphones cost about 50$ to ulock)
  • will you buy your next phone outright or do you want a subsidised one

@DealHunter, as @WearySky has stated pretty easy criteria to see if this is the plan for you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

WearySky

Simple decision making process:

Do the plan specifics work for you?  If not, don't get it.  If yes:

Are you currently paying more than the plan costs?  If no, don't get it.  If yes, get it.

😛

In general its still a good plan especially if you are a medium - heavy data user.

I waas on a corporate plan that didn't come close to this price with less data.

Again though it depends on your data usage.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire
I think it depends on many things. Like what province you're in, and what you pay for who you're currently with. Ontario for example has some of the most expensive phone plans because of the lack of competition, as well as the number of people in the province. Supply and demand kind of thing

It could be a good deal if they have a similar plan with rogers or Telus, but are paying way more. Yes it is more expensive than the fall promo. But it could still be an appealing plan to some
Need Help? Let's chat.