cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate account

LeoDoodle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi - trying to get setup as a new PM user.  Just set up the account about an hour ago.  Now trying to finish up registration/activation.  It asks me to login to resume and when I do it tells me my email is invalid and my password is incorrect. However, at the same time, it seems to know who I am, because the welcome screen knows my name.  Chatbot is useless - stuck in a loop. 

I've been on the fence between PM and Lum - this is a really frustrating start and I'm a bit concerned that this is a harbinger of how a new account with PM will go. Any suggestions? 

Thanks,

LD

9 REPLIES 9

LeoDoodle

Thank you - again, it would be useful if this kind of information were spelled out to new users to begin with.  Still has that IT workaround smell to it, like an application that wasn't built quite right! I resumed the activation through the app, and that worked.  Only issue was I was unable to apply a referral code - it wouldn't tell me whether the code was valid or not until it became obvious after I had already paid. 

I'll wait for the SIM to arrive and I guess we'll see how it goes!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

LD 

@LeoDoodle

The activation needs to complete the second half of it with the app, so, it is advised to start the activation using the app from the beginning to avoid problem

@pieterdh , if you still unable to get past the "resume activation" , please open ticket with PM support for further assistance:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

pieterdh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same problem where it tells me to resume my activation then takes me to a login screen and says my credentials are incorrect. An endless loop. Didn't work on mobile or desktop. Maybe just a glitch for a little while?

LeoDoodle

Sounds like we're having the same issues.  Haven't used my phone yet - using my laptop so far.  But not impressed if I can't use both options consistently. 

LeoDoodle

Hi Jim - hahaha - yes, it's not an auspicious start to a new relationship to say the least! And, I did my research too and think the plan is a good solution for what I need, but if I'm going to be struggling to sign in to the account and having to use a bunch of workarounds, I will have to rethink this decision.  Happy I caught it early instead of when I was already signed up with a SIM on the way! Happy weekend!

LD

JimRockford_PI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have had much better results from my mobile. My discussion hitherto was about my experiences on a PC.

LeoDoodle

Thanks for the quick response - so I have to get another email address to create another account? And I can't use my laptop to activate? Again, while I appreciate the reply, this makes me nervous about how I'm going to be able to access the account once I finally get it setup.  Seems a bit glitchy. But again thanks. I'm going to re-think about whether I want to sign up for PM.  LD

JimRockford_PI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Bingo. I am glad I am not the only one because I kept thinking I was the problem. 🙂 Misery does love company.😜 But, don't let that stop you - I did my research and there is no better plan out there than PM. That is why I put up with these minor annoyances.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @LeoDoodle 

Can you try to use another email address to create a new account, and use only the app to activate?

if you need more help from support, please submit ticket with PM agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.