cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting RBC Interac verifcation codes

Achala
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not receiving RBC verification codes anymore from the number 722652. Need it for banking purposes today. Have received codes multiple times from this number before.

5 REPLIES 5

@hTideGnow @dwh1  on top of that, for A2P type of text,  there is also delays with systems to recognize a number was ported to route the text to the proper carrier

Achala
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yup, am in Canada and I tried to reset the network. I am getting verification codes for other apps, just this one that's not working. The # isn't blocked or anything.

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hTideGnow wrote:

new activation with porting in number will not get 2FA code from banks for couple days, 3 to 7 days.  This is a feature added by the bank system to fight sim fraud.  You need to call your bank for access help if you need access quickly

@hTideGnow Interesting, I didn't know that. Of course, it would be much better if banks would offer truly stronger 2FA mechanisms.  In my work, "SMS 2FA" is categorized as the least secure 2FA mechanism for the reason you mentioned.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Achala 

That is certainly unusual. Are you still within Canada trying to receive this code or outside of canada? Try resetting your network connections and if that doesn't work contact a customer support agent to inquire why.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Achala 

did you just activate and ported in account?

new activation with porting in number will not get 2FA code from banks for couple days, 3 to 7 days.  This is a feature added by the bank system to fight sim fraud.  You need to call your bank for access help if you need access quickly

Need Help? Let's chat.