cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service and no customer service?

Chris8759
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I am a new customer to Public Mobile since early February 2019.  Everything was working fine and until yesterday when I lost cell service.  I have the $30 plan which should have unlimited texts and Canada calling.  I am not getting texts and was disappointed to discover that there is no live agents that I can talk to and find out what is going on.  I am located in Nova Scotia. Does anyone had any advice? 

Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Chris8759 wrote:

Hi, 

I am a new customer to Public Mobile since early February 2019.  Everything was working fine and until yesterday when I lost cell service.  I have the $30 plan which should have unlimited texts and Canada calling.  I am not getting texts and was disappointed to discover that there is no live agents that I can talk to and find out what is going on.  I am located in Nova Scotia. Does anyone had any advice? 

Thanks! 

@Chris8759, sorry to hear that. To be able to get hold of others is important. Will you have wifi? You may want to download a free call and text app at the moment. I am using TextNow and it works quite well. You can call and text within North America for free as you can go online. Hope that helps in the meantime!

Chris8759
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the suggestions.  I am on auto pay and have not reached my limit.  I tried the lost/stolen phone reset but resetting my Network setting on my iPhone did the trick. General/Reset/ResetNetworkSettings. Getting texts now and the network is back.  

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Chris8759 wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks! 

Do you have autopay? Or did you make a payment for march? With public mobile it,s a 30 days service...not exactly a month...

With public mobile no live agents...but a community ready to help with LIVE people...

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Chris8759 ,

Is it possible your plan has expired, and you need to top up?  Have you signed up for AutoPay with a credit or debit card?

Take a look at your Overview page in My Account - what does it show you there?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Chris8759 

a) Login to your account and confirm the plan is correct and Active. If yes, suspend service under Lost/Stolen phone for 10 minutes then restart. This will often reinitialize a service.

b) If possible confirm it's a service issue, and not your phone, by using your SIM in a different unlocked phone, and another active SIM in yours.

c) Still not joy, then you need assistance from the Moderator Team. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, it's my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.