cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rewards Public Points

Paul073
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Right now I am Saving $12.00 a month off my bill with the old system.  $2.00 Pre-Authorized Payments, $4.00 Loyalty Pays, & $6.00 Refer a Friend. Under the new Rewards I will loose these credits and my bill will go up by $12.00 a month?  How is this a better rewards system?  What will I earn now and how do i apply it to bill credits?

6 REPLIES 6

Beks

Paul073 I agree. My monthly credits have gone from $7 to 2.75 points now that they forced me to switch over to the new system. Obviously just another way to hose their customers and make more money. Hooking us into their system then screwing us over. I will be looking for another provider. 

@Paul073  No, it's just that the earliest you can redeem for bill credit is when you have 15.  You can let them accumulate and make multiple $15 credits at longer intervals if you prefer rather than do it every month.  I just did that yesterday, taking $30 off my next bill.

@Paul073 you can redeem 15 points for $15 whenever you have enough.  You can redeem monthly if you have that much points, and you can  redeem multiple $15 bill credits if you have enough 

Paul073

So you have to apply bill credits every month?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Paul073  To apply $15 to bill credit when you have accumulated 15 points you log in to your account and go to My Rewards and view the catalogue of add-ons.  You'll find the $15 bill credit there so just select it and it will be taken off your next bill.  You can also buy add-ons such as data and LD/international minutes with points for less than the $ value but that's only helpful if you actually need an add on of course.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Paul073 

PM retired the old reward system this month (May) and everyone migrated on the new Public Points system. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

With this new system, you pay the full amount first (with the Available Funds on your My Account or via your credit/debit card on the system), and hence you see a higher charge now. 
Then PM will give you the points to your point account after renewal within 48 hours.  Once you collected 15 points, you can redeem $15 bill payment yourself to bring the next payment down.  Or you can also use points to buy add-ons with a discounted price

For how to earn points with Public Points,

• you will get the same friend referral, 1 point (= $1) for every referral every month.
  • Instead of $2 autopay, you earn 5% point of your spending in points (plan renewal or add-on purchrases). 
  • Instead of loyalty rewards, you will earn 10 points on your Anniversary date every year 
  • You will still earn Give-Back rewards by participating in the Community. Everyone has a chance to earn can  1/2/5/10/15/20 points depends on the overall participation of the month 

I have to admit Public Points rewards is not as good as the Legacy rewards system, but you are still saving money, just in a slower pace 

Here is more information about the rewards system migration:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.