cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network connection new esim

Dani133
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently downloaded a 2nd eSIM so I could use both and the be t day I wasn't connected to the Network. My account is up to date, I've changed the APN to the right settings and rebooted my phone. I can't figure this out.

10 REPLIES 10

@Dani133  I don't see how you can have two sims both using the same number on the same account, what exactly were you hoping to happen?   

Dani133

I've turned off 1 and turned on the other separately and still nothing. I have a galaxy 21 and it does support dual eSIM. Also I didn't get a seperate subscription or a new phone number for the 2nd eSIM. I wonder if I should try that?

@Phil_Adelphus yes, i read that line and I made the update right before you posted 🙂

@softech   From Apple:

"All iPhone models that support eSIM can have multiple eSIMs and use Dual SIM with two active SIMs at the same time. 

You can use Dual SIM by using a physical SIM and an eSIM. iPhone 13 models and later also support two active eSIMs. iPhone models without a physical SIM tray support two active eSIMs."

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT209044 

@Dani133  Actually, unless  you have iPhone 14 and 15 , no Android phone supports dual eSIMs active at the moment.  Only 1 eSIM can be active.  And possibly Non-US iPhone with physical+eSIM might not support dual eSIMs active  as well.

So if you are on Android, you need to set it up as 1 physical sim and 1 eSIM for both accounts to work at the same time

update: correct the part about iPhone, iPhone can do dual eSIM but not Android

@Dani133 

As I said, try to disable eSIM 1 first (disable and NOT delete) and see if eSIM 2 connects

and what phone do you have? iPhone or Android?

@Dani133   So you activated two separate PM accounts?

Dani133

Both eSim are for PM so zi can use dual esim. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dani133 

just want to make sure, your don't meant both eSIMs for the same PM account, right?

the 2 eSIMs are for different provider?  If so, what if you try to disable the 1st eSIM first and does the 2nd eSIM work?  Make sure you are not deleting the first eSIM but just to disable it

@Dani133 wrote:

I recently downloaded a 2nd eSIM so I could use both and the be t day I wasn't connected to the Network. My account is up to date, I've changed the APN to the right settings and rebooted my phone. I can't figure this out.

APN settings are unrelated to connecting to the mobile network.  APN settings only allow mobile data to be used.    When you mentioned that you downloaded a second eSIM, is it for the same account and phone number or is for a seperate one?  Only one SIM card can be used at a time for a phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.