Did you mean: 

My data usage just disappeared.

RichardKCLing
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not showing on my plan either!

23 REPLIES 23

RichardKCLing

Chrome and Google Play store used up .5 GB each.  Weird. Maps and Sirius not so much. About 200 each.  This month usage really shot up. But it's still under 4 GB, my monthly allotment. And I had 2GB  extra.

RichardKCLing

Grt idea. Thx

Under change plan, click on usage. Go through all the web lines to see if something stands out for a block of data usage or in a short amount of time. Look at your phone app usage and see if something used a lot of data. Maybe an app went rogue and sucked down a bunch of data

What plan are you on?

As mentioned, you can buy 1gb data bucket add-ons. You can add as many as you like.

You can do an immediate plan change to a plan with more data.

You can ask the support people to do an early renewal of your existing plan.

@RichardKCLing you use Android?  Mobile Data page can tack the usage back. 

Just update the Start billing cycle on  date to match PM curret cycle start date .   It will tell you how much each app used.  Something like this:

E-MobileData.png

RichardKCLing

How do I private you?  Mail@RichardKCLing.com

RichardKCLing

I can't think of any reason why I used up 2 GB of data

PM me and I can let you know where to get a free Bell SIM card if you like. 

How is it the fault of Public that you ran out of your data with your usage? How long have you been streaming those services on your data? And now you just want to run away after all this time? Certainly if you can get more less then why wouldn't you go? But this is not Publics fault.

@RichardKCLing I think Android Auto does not use a lot.  I have been using it for Map navigation and Spotify and it never use too much.

RichardKCLing

Yes.  I did when I got home.  I couldn't see it in my phone - which was extremely annoying (didn't realize how much we rely on data).  I complained to my gamers community who got me started with PM.  Someone suggested an aggregator via Rogers that has 5 G and 40 GB.  Think I'll go with that.  I am shocked that I ran out of data - after having PM for many years - someone said 5.  I usually only use 1 to 2 GB a month.  I think Android Auto uses lots as well as my SiriusXM streaming.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RichardKCLing   you can just buy data addon. $15 for 1 GB.  

but if your office has $50 for 30Gb, go with them

RichardKCLing

I write it off anyways.  I have corporate account.  And was offered 30 gigs for $50.  I can't believe I can't just buy. Can you imagine running out of data?  I guess SiriusXM and Android auto uses up lots.  I have PM  for 5 yes or so and usually only use a gig or two a month.  I'm writing you at Aroma.  Thx for the details.  I appreciate it.

Just a headzup...be prepared to fork over more money with bell and rogers

After nearly 5 years with PM, you have about $5 in Loyalty Reward every time your plan renews.

You must have noticed the occasional freebies that we get at PM... no freebies at  those other guys.

Not sure which plan you currently rock...but consider getting the next one up if you've been shy on data lately.

After 2 years of using wifi at home...now that we're out and about again...we may all need to consider getting more data rich plan.

Give it a try...you have the Loyalty Rewards to apply against a higher data plan at PM.

RichardKCLing

I had 2 gig gifted.  I didnt realize my Sirius XM eats up so much.  Thx

RichardKCLing

Thx. I think I've outgrown PM. Quite annoying 

RichardKCLing

I think I've outgrown public mobile

RichardKCLing

I have to restart? Thx.  Public Mobile is not competitive at that.  I'll go to Bell or Rogers tomorrow.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @RichardKCLing it likely just used up.  Check the usage log to see of there is any huge usage, but it might be 12 hours late..  Check if your phone just used the data for some big updates or some big cloud backup

raymondzhou122
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You should be able to add 1g of data if you're in the new rewards system for 10 points. Otherwise you can check add-ons to add more data.

Sure...you can still text. You've only run outta data...not affecting text.

You can get a data add-on...$15 for 1 GB or $5 for 200 MB.

You can immediately start a plan with a higher data limit.

You can ask CSA to restart your current plan...your new renew date would start at that time.

RichardKCLing

Hi.  Thx for your response.  If it's out of data, I can't add?  That is crazy

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RichardKCLing hi you should have a line in your data and addons for data , if it's not there it is used up for this month 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Do you mean any data balance is not there...that usually meaans you run outta data.

Need Help? Let's chat.