cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More info?

Torinate
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello there.

Thinking of switching to PM from Rogers. Looks like a great deal!

Ok... Have 4 phones in the family. No home phone as we use cell phones only.

Is voicemail included?
Is there any change to how the phone can be used?
We have Spotify for music currently. Can this be used as well?
What are the differences as far as coverage (near Guelph ON)?
Can numbers be ported over?
Any issues changing everyone over to these plans?
How long does it take start to finish?
Happy with the service from Rogers but HATE the cost!
Any problems using hotspots? All 4 phones are iPhones.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Torinate
9 REPLIES 9

@Torinate Additional info I think would be helpful:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827

- if you purchased the phones from Rogers be sure to have them UNLOCKED before you leave

- whichever is your main phone number should be given as the referral when activatiing the other three to save an additional $3/30 days

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Mate, I made the move from Rogers and as much I know that PM still has to work out the kinks in their service model.... I'm not going back.

I've heard many people sharing that they want a number to call, or a storefront to visit - but to be honest, after dealing with Rogers so many times over the years.... I prefer being able to shoot in a message and have my request handled, rather than spending hours on the phone or in store waiting.

It's a preference thing - but I believe that once PM gets this service model worked out, it's really going to catch on. Also, this is cell phone service - it should just work. And in the case of a major outage, well PM should be communicating with all customers quickly so there is no reason to call.

To be clear though - the full service model will always be needed.....

Man, it get's my blood pressure running just thinking about the amount of life energy wasted on the phone trying to fix things that should have never broken in the first place....

ute1978

No, I use tethering all the time on my iPhone without issues.

youbme

@Rockdaddy22and @ShawnC13 summed it all up quite well. Just to reiterate one point made by @ShawnC13 - there is no storefront or call centre, which means you should be ready to utilize the Public Mobile forum to troubleshoot any potential issues that come up along the way. I would encourage you to skim the various threads posted here to see what types of challenges have come up (especially with porting numbers). Our household has two accounts and both of the ports went very smoothly (back when PM was still in Beta) - make sure you have all your Rogers account info at hand when you do the porting, here are a few posts that can help:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Transferring-your-number-to-Public-Mob...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-move-my-cell-phone-number-to-...

Good luck and let us know if you have further questions!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Torinate wrote:
Hello there.

Thinking of switching to PM from Rogers. Looks like a great deal!

Ok... Have 4 phones in the family. No home phone as we use cell phones only.

Is voicemail included? Yes
Is there any change to how the phone can be used?No
We have Spotify for music currently. Can this be used as well? Yes
What are the differences as far as coverage (near Guelph ON)?
Can numbers be ported over? Yes
Any issues changing everyone over to these plans? No
How long does it take start to finish? Minutes to hours
Happy with the service from Rogers but HATE the cost! No call centre or storefront web based only

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Torinate

@Torinate  I also came from Rogers and am loving it  answers in Red for what I know as well you can only have 2 accounts per Credit card and each account must have a different email

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
When inputting the porting info, I'd only include the Rogers account number not the imei or pin. Try one phone, see how you like it, then bring the other 3 over. I came from Fido with an iPhone over a year ago now, so happy I did 🤑

Torinate
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Great! Always afraid of the "what ifs".

Just don't want to get into a problem where nothing works... Can't afford to not have a phone.

Thanks again!

Rockdaddy22
Currently loving PM on an iPhone  🙂

Rockdaddy22
Yes to everything. The longest wait is getting the sims. Porting can take minutes to hours.
Need Help? Let's chat.