cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile network not available

Kreskin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in a rural area and my phone works fine. When I go to the city 20k away, I can’t call or receive but data and texting work. About halfway home, I can make a call.  I have repeated this a few times and I have rebooted and reinstalled the SIM card with no change. I have just now switched sims with my wife and next time we’ll see if the sim works in her phone. You would think the calling would either work everywhere or not at all.

4 REPLIES 4

Kreskin

I switched SIM cards with my wife, (Rogers) and both phones worked good in the city. Mine would use 3g and hers would be on lte. When I went back to the PM sim in my phone it would be on 4g until I would call then nothing. Bottom line was that I could call around this whole area until I entered the perimeter of the city then I would lose my 3g and couldn’t call. My data always worked and was displaying 4g. . A tech messaged and phoned me at home and we tried everything but could not get my phone to use LTE. My phone was a Samsung A24 and I bought an IPhone 11 to fix the problem.

Kreskin

The city is Winnipeg and I’ve never had any problems with my last service. I tried different areas and nothing worked. This is the second month with Public and I’m pretty sure that I could call from everywhere during the first month. I know, it makes no sense 😀. Once my wife’s phone is tested in the city, I’ll get back to the CSR and straighten this out. I was hoping someone had the same problem and had a solution. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Most likely you are in some dead pockets where cell signal is not working or is very weak. NOT all areas are covered with radio waves. Friend of mine told me he can call from his home but NOT when he crosses a street.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Kreskin 

it is possible the calling might work one place but not other, for network issue.  If voice is the main problem, maybe it is the 3G network where you are 

can you give us the city you are at?

or check any outage using this link
https://www.telus.com/en/bc/outages

Need Help? Let's chat.