cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I referred a friend, but we didn't receive the $5 credit for 5 months

preston0808
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a text saying if I refer a friend that we'd both receive $5 off our bills for the next 5 months. I don't see this credit on either of our accounts. 

I did receive the $1 off per month credit, so the referral and registration all worked. But no special $5 credit for 5 months

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Coverhiro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@preston0808 

I informed the Customer Service Agent I was communicating with and they mentioned that

The previous promotion for $25 referral credit has expired on 1st November.

@Coverhiro   Yes, you will get the $10 RAF credit (one-time) if you used a referral code to activate your account and I would think both parties (you and your friend) should qualify for the bonus $25 (over 5 months) if you activated the account on the start date of the promo offer.   Yes, the $10 would be in addition to the $25 credit if you and your friend qualify.

However, I'm not certain if this RAF $25 is targeted to only those who received the text or is available to all customers who refer a new account.   Also your friend, the referring party, would be the one to have received the text offer and not you, so not sure why the CSA would have told you that.

Coverhiro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Do I still get the $10 credit too?

I used a referral code on November 28th, which is the time the RAF credit came out.

Will I still get the $5 over 5 months same as the person who made the referral?

Thanks

I got in contact with a Customer Service Agent. Informed me that there was no such promotion for me at the time.

Since I didn't receive a text or an email stating so. It sounds like that promotion is selective to certain accounts maybe...

preston0808
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Okay, I'll check in a few weeks

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@preston0808   The RAF $5 account credit (over 5/6 months) is usually deposited  by the end of the first week the month following the activation, so depending on the activation date it could be received by the end of this week or next January.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@preston0808 me 2.. When your friend registered..  my friend registered 2 ago, but I received the msg for Cha-ching not mention $5 at all.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@preston0808 

It'll be coming soon. I just started getting mine yesterday.

Need Help? Let's chat.