cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Plan

CarH1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to go back to my previous plan.  I understood from the email I received that they were just offering bonus GB for a couple of months.  I previously had 2.0 Gb with the extra .5 gb which was sufficient for my needs.  I did not wish to change my account and certainly did not want the increase in payment plan.  The total cost of my monthly plan including tax (N.B.) was $ 32.20.  I also had 2.00 taken off each month as I had referred two new accounts!

The new plan is charging $ 40.25 -  Would appreciate your help with correcting this problem!

3 REPLIES 3

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

As @Phil_Adelphus mentioned, your plan likely didn't change, but you're no longer receiving discounts because of the discontinuation of the legacy rewards program. You now have to wait until you accumulate 15 points, and then you can redeem them for a $15 account credit.

But if you were indeed paying $32.20 for only 2.5GB ($40.25 after the change), that is probably a very old plan. There are plans that offer much better value that you may want to consider. There is now a $29 plan that includes 40GB of data. Or for $5 more you can get 50GB, but also the ability to use your phone in the US without incurring extra charges. In NB with the 15% HST you'd be all-in $33.35 or $39.10 respectively.

DennyCrane_1-1715655788041.png

DennyCrane_0-1715655758126.png

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@CarH1  I'm guessing you were transferred from the old rewards system to the newer points system, as is everyone else who was on the old system.  Under the new points system you will be charged the full cost of your plan but will earn points you can use in future to take $ off your bill or buy add-ons at a discount.  Unless you changed your plan yourself, I'm thinking this is what has happened.  It's not so much an increase in price as a loss of the automatic discount.  

Need Help? Let's chat.