cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot install Whatsapp

jlauhn504
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone number starts with 437 ... Whatsapp says it's not a valid Canada number

What can I do?

9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jlauhn504 wrote:

My phone number starts with 437 ... Whatsapp says it's not a valid Canada number

What can I do?

@jlauhn504  - that area code is not NEW. So what is up with whatsapp?

Is your whatsapp app already registered with a phone number? OR, perhaps someone else has your phone number registered on their whatsapp account.

Try uninstalling this app completely. Restart your phone. Then reinstall it. 

@jlauhn504 you meant you cannot receive the code to setup Self Serve My Account , right?  

I suggest you to open ticket with PM support: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

jlauhn504

Yes, I can make and receive calls without issues. It's a new number purchased at Walmart. 

@jlauhn504   are you receiving incoming calls or regular text from friends without issue?  (did you just port your number into PM?)

jlauhn504

Thanks. I can't even setup an account, the website doesn't send me the six digit number. 

@jlauhn504 wrote:

What can I do?

Softech is correct that Public Mobile can't help you with this.  Meta/Whatsapp needs to update their incomplete/incorrect list of valid area codes.  If you don't mind changing your phone number, you do have the option of changing your number.  Sometimes, 647 area code phone numbers show up in the list as being available in Self Serve. Some phone numbers in the areas surrounding Toronto are also available.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jlauhn504   are you sure you pick the country code Canada +1 and NOT US+1?  Even 1 is country code for both US and Canada, it won't work if you picked the wrong one

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jlauhn504 

Check to see if the software update is current then uninstall the app and reinstall.

This was an issue with my sister’s phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jlauhn504   Did you just activate with a new phone number from PM ?  or did you port your number into PM?

I think this is something you have to work with Whatsapp support instead

Need Help? Let's chat.