cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sign back up for offers via text notification?

Maniacal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I accidentally unsigned for them earlier this year when I grumpily replied to one with "**** off" which as it turns out unsubscribes you from promotional offers via text. I can't figure out a way to sign back up for them though and would like to receive them. Does anyone know of how to do so or can one of the moderators help?

Cheers

11 REPLIES 11

Maniacal

One of the moderators.

Hello,   If any future promo includes the customers who do have the Fall 2016 promo, you will receive for sure the text notification. Otherwise, we cannot resubscribe you to the past/current offers unfortunately.   Regards   -nameremoved-

@Maniacal wrote:

It was clarified that I only unsubscribed from the offers sent at the time, earlier this year so March/April iirc. I should be able to receive future offers, but the recent ones did not apply to me as a Fall 2016 promo plan. Too bad, but oh well. 

Who clarified that for you?  That information is false.

When you unsubscribe from an offer (any of the offers), you are rescinding permission for Public Mobile/Koodo to contact you for marketting purposes.  This means you will not get a text message about any future offers.  That doesn't necessarily disqualify you from an offer, just that they aren't allowed contact you about them through text message.

Maniacal

It was clarified that I only unsubscribed from the offers sent at the time, earlier this year so March/April iirc. I should be able to receive future offers, but the recent ones did not apply to me as a Fall 2016 promo plan. Too bad, but oh well. 

Nope.  Cancelled plans and tried to offer and subscribe.  Moderators Adam et that no Fall 2016 Promo subscribers were offered the $35 for 4 GB plan.

Im giving up.  I compla8ned back in the spring when I didn’t want the offers, and now that’s there’s one that I would use and welcome, I’m screwed out of it.

I give up.  May flip to Freedom now for the 10GB for $50 ‘data plan’ which has free incoming calls, $0.05/min outgoing calls (I will use hangouts ty) and other stuff that will work where I need it too.  Coverage is where I live, my phone is ready for Band 66 which is here in my town, and maybe I’ll pop on the 4GB free on the tab tablet offer too, so I can get rid of my iPadAir.

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, I also tried the subscribe command, no different results than using offer.  I still get nothing back.

I wonder if this has to do with you putting in a future dated plan change?  Maybe message the moderators and see what happened in your case. 

@will13am, I also tried the subscribe command, no different results than using offer.  I still get nothing back.

Maniacal

Yeah unfortunately the response I got from the mod team was it wasn't possible. Although I am a little unclear if I unsubscribed from that one group of offers or all of them from the wording of the reply.

Really strange there is no way to sign back up. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is a wild guess, but I wonder if texting subscribe to 5130 would have the opposite effect as subscribe. 

Maniacal

Yeah it was pretty funny despite hte "oh, wait no... **bleep**" moment that came with it. Thanks for the advice, I have given those two texts a try. I'll message the mod team account tomorrow.

raulg

hahahaha you made me laught today, that's a great way to unsubscribe from offers. Regarding your question, I don't know if contacting the @CS_Agent would help in this ca

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Maniacal lol

A few others have done the same and we have not found a way to subscribe back to it. Only thing you can do is text "offer" to 5130 or 5129. If you are qualified for any offers, you will get a reply back.

Need Help? Let's chat.