cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I change plan from unlimited to USA and Canada plan or get addon?

JONMILLS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I currently pay $34 for the 5G for Canada only plan but it has "unlimited data at reduced speed"

50 GB Data at 5G Speed¹
5G Speed up to 250mbps and unlimited data at reduced speed²
Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging³
Calling Features: Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, and Conference Calling

I just saw public mobile no longer offers my plan and is offering a $34 plan ( same price ) for USA and Canada (minus unlimited data at reduced speed)

I am about to go to the usa in a few days for 9 days i was about to get the $30 addon which gives you 3gig for 15 days. Should i stick with that or go to the new USA and Canada plan?

My concern is i am only going to the USA for 9 days so after that that usa and canada plan is actually a worse plan because it doesn't have unlimited data at reduced speed. And my plan wouldn't exist anymore to switch back to when i returned from my vacation.

So, do you think i should just stick with my plan ( canada only but unlimited data) and get the $30 addon for the 9 days vs the alternative?

4 REPLIES 4

JONMILLS

Nah i dont go to the usa enough. I only go maybe once a year if even that so i would be taking a hit and losing unlimited data when i returned. Im sticking with my plan and adding the addon as i will only be there 9 days this year. Maybe not even next year.

JONMILLS

Yes, exactly. 

I want unlimited data and my plan gives me that right now

Switching to the USA -Can plan wouldn't give me that only roaming and i dont go to the usa enough to warrant it. ( once a year if that )

@hTideGnow wrote:

@JONMILLS 

I would change to $34 -50 GB Canada/US plan

50Gb is decent amount for most people, and best is it has US bill in for free. A US add-on bundle  for 3Gb is not a lot of data but cost you $30

also, the reduced speed 512 is cool as emergency when no more regular data, but truth is it is quiet slow and not very useful.  

so, if me, I will go for Canada/US for jus $34

As to whether unlimited data or US roaming is more valuable depends entirely on the customer's usage.  There is no one answer that is right for everyone. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@JONMILLS 

I would change to $34 -50 GB Canada/US plan

50Gb is decent amount for most people, and best is it has US bill in for free. A US add-on bundle  for 3Gb is not a lot of data but cost you $30

also, the reduced speed 512 is cool as emergency when no more regular data, but truth is it is quiet slow and not very useful.  

so, if me, I will go for Canada/US for jus $34

Need Help? Let's chat.