cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I go about cancelling my Public Mobile plan?

iamcdn79
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

With this forced changed to the new points plan I will be paying more now and I will be switching to Freedom Mobile.

I want to know how do I go about cancelling my Public Mobile plan and account? 

13 REPLIES 13

MOBI-7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@GY7802tv , I did the same as well.. I was with Freedom for a long time and now switched to PM. Freedom's 5G speed is worst than 4G/LTE. I am getting a better speed with PM. It's not the greatest. I hope PM's speed will improve once the 5G is fully implemented.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You need your account active when you port in order to transfer your number, so I would simply just port it before your PM plan expires/renew.

@iamcdn79  I need to give Freedom Mobile my account number?

Typically yes, although they might be able to do it with the IMEI number instead.

GY7802tv

I just did the reverse. Moved from Freedom to Public this week. Freedom is ok but 5G coverage is not as good. Freedom 5G is slower than Public. I tested it. I ran both providers on my phone (dual SIM) before deciding to switch to Public. I did multiple speed tests around the city. In all of my tests Public recorded higher mbps. (FYI - I live in Calgary, AB)

iamcdn79

I need to give Freedom Mobile my account number? 

@iamcdn79 wrote:

How do you port a number out? 

Pick your next provider go and sign up and tel them you want to port your number from your previous provider

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@iamcdn79  you just need yourbPM account number and make sure the PM account is active . Start the port process with new company leaving PM SIM card in the phone . You will get confirmation text from PM to port . You have to reply YES with in 90 mins that’s it 

iamcdn79

Oh I plan to

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Stop paying your bill. Ask agent to remove your credit card details from the file.
Declare phone lost/stolen. Account will be immediately suspended and closed after 90+ days of no pay.
Toggle Subscribed switch in Payments area.
Port out your number to other provider. Account is immediately closed and you keep your number.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@iamcdn79 

Before you leave, at least get the 'bonus' whatever and use it up.

Get every last benefit you can - then leave.

iamcdn79

How do you port a number out? 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Porting your number out is the easiest way to close your account.  The other is to remove your credit card on file and let it expire and time out

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@iamcdn79  You can port the number out is one way . You can just turn off auto subscribe 

Turn auto subscribe off/on

Handy1_0-1709764270301.png

lastly you can ask Support to remove credit card in go front ha account right away by

submitting ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_1-1709764334397.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.