cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORCED move to new points from old rewards

Y4J259
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Will PM offer a $25/mo 50Gb CAN US plan for legacy users, please? 

I will lose $50/yr from loyalty, and lose another $24/yr from auto-pay? This is another way of saying you are increasing my plan by $7/month, with no additional value? 

All my referrals will be collected as points, so you will make me log in EVERY SINGLE MONTH to convert my points to credit, and you intentionally will not allow this to happen automatically? I want a plan that I don't have to manage or think about. It must just work. Why is PM making friend referrals so much work for users? 

The "gift" is a well-calculated joke. You know perfectly well that most users will not use that, especially users on the 50/75/100GB plans. 

The only "gift" would be for PM to have the option for legacy customers to move to a $25/mo 50GB CAN US plan. 

8 REPLIES 8

cbPM51
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Like uour idea. But if you examine Pm current plan offering, their target loooks like $50/month in the foreseeable future, for mist customers.

cbPM51
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Most old rewards customers have lots of unused past yr "gifts" of free cslls/gb. Agree...those on 50gb+ plans need another incentive...other telcos have same pricing for 50gb now

@Y4J259 wrote:

Every one effected should send a message to CS_agent to voice their frustration with PM raising their plans by $7/mo. 

They are a not the ones that did this and have no control over it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

All about the increased ARPU for Telus, on a service with very little in the way of expensive customer support costs. The bonus data is really meaningless for 90% of the people, and no marginal cost for Telus/PM, not to mention the quick expiry. 

@will13am wrote:

@Y4J259 , your arithmetic might be a bit on the optimistic side.  You think your referrals will remain loyal?  I would advise against messaging support.  They have nothing to do with this decision and have no dog in the race.  Clogging the support channel will just disrupt those in need of help with their account.  

Over the last few years, It has become increasingly more diffiicult to refer anyone to Public Mobile, but it hasn't been easy to keep referrals at Public Mobile either.  There was a time that referrals were relatively stable, but starting a few years ago when Public Mobile plans weren't all that competitive, referrals are lost on a regular basis. With the change to points, there is no longer any incentive for longer term customers to stay.  Those who are referred others are going to see a massive loss of referrals if those referrals are currently on the old rewards system.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Y4J259 , your arithmetic might be a bit on the optimistic side.  You think your referrals will remain loyal?  I would advise against messaging support.  They have nothing to do with this decision and have no dog in the race.  Clogging the support channel will just disrupt those in need of help with their account.  

AK32
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The change is discouraging for sure. Basically no reward for loyal customers. Many will be paying an increased monthly plan, as im sure PM wanted. 

If you see a promotional plan rate that is only targeted toward new customers, you can try to contact a customer service agent. They dont always approve the promo plans to existing users, and they dont "have to". But they did it for me before, I just asked politely, they declined at first, but after a little back and forth they gave me a promo plan to retain me as a customer. Hope this helps.

Y4J259
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Every one effected should send a message to CS_agent to voice their frustration with PM raising their plans by $7/mo. 

Need Help? Let's chat.