cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim for 5G?

Cmk1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do I need to use an ESim for the 5G plans? I just renewed my subscription to a 5G plan and now my phone doesn't work and says that I'm not activated on the network. Or is there something else I need to do?

5 REPLIES 5

Cmk1

Just sent them another message - thank you

HI @Cmk1 

agent usually reply in 2 to 4 hours.  Maybe still have tickets from the weekend.  Please message them again

Cmk1

Thank you, I tried rebooting it and resetting networks and still nothing. I submitted a ticket to CS Agent about 4 or 5 hours ago and still haven't heard back

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Cmk1  No you don’t your old sim will work just fine . Just change your network to 5G auto . Also note even with phone set to 4G/LTE you will still see better speeds of 100mbs 4G plan with phone set to 4G/LTE being in 5G plan and also it’s probably best to leave it on 4G/LTE battery won’t drain as quickly and phone won’t run as warm being on 5G 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Cmk1 

no, regular sim works for 5G too

Try to reboot your phone, and click Reset all networks and test again

if still not working, it is a problem on the account, not uncommon for plan change.  You will need to check with CS agent.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Need Help? Let's chat.