cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Suddenly Maxed Out

JS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Was gone for 4 days in the backcountry. Once I got cell service again, I get two messages from Public Mobile: the fist saying that my data is at 75% and the second saying that my data is at 95%. I tried to use the internet and I get redirected to the Public Mobile website to buy more data.

This seemed odd to me. I logged in today into my Public Mobile account and added up my data usage. My total data usage for my 90-day plan so far has been 3440 MB which is significantly less than the 6gig plan that I have. Please help me resolve this issue.

6 REPLIES 6

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CS_Agent wrote:

Woops! That was meant to be a private message. Time for my second cup of coffee Cat Embarassed

That's what I thought. 😉

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JS,

When you send your 4- digit pin, please ensure you send a private email to the moderators as this is a public forum. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Woops! That was meant to be a private message. Time for my second cup of coffee Cat Embarassed

rob79
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am- he said it happened during 4 days he was without service, plus his account is saying he only used 3.5GB of his 6GBs :).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JS, before sending a private message to the moderator team, it might be useful to go into the account and examine the usage history closely to see when the large amounts of data was used up and then compare to the data meter on the phone.  This sleuthing will help to pinpoint what app sucked up all the data. 

rob79
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey @JS - you're going to have to send a private message to the mods to help you with this. Be sure to include your PM account number, phone number, and the email address you use to log into self-serve in the message.

Click Here to send the mods a direct message.

Good luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.