cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working in the US

Bayhaf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I signed up with Public Mobile on March 16th (2 months ago) because they were running a promotional that weekend where you can get 50 g data in Canada AND the US. I clicked on the link and bought the plan that day. Today is my first day in the US, visiting family, and the service isn’t working? I went to my subscription and suddenly I’m seeing it says unlimited Canada (only)? The whole reason I bought the plan was for Canada-US service. I know I clicked on the link because I screenshotted the page and sent it to my husband before going through with it, but now it isn’t there? Has anyone else had problems with this? I’ve also found the support to be infuriating, as the chat never knows what I’m saying and it just loops and loops, and I’ve sent in a ticket for support before and didn’t hear back. 

6 REPLIES 6

@Bayhaf   For iPhone it is Settings - Cellular - Cellular Data Options -  Voice & Data then select LTE.   For Android follow @will13am  's instructions.  You might find T-Mobile works better, some do.  AT&T has been reported to have issues with 5G hence the recommendation to switch down to LTE.  Is everything else working, voice calls and text messages?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Bayhaf , this is what your subscription tab should look like for the $34 CAN-US plan.

subscription.png

As for connectivity, I would recommend against manual connection to one of the two roaming partners.  I was just in the US last week and I played around with manual and auto connection.  I found that manual connection would work but I would get spurious disconnects and be left with connectivity.  If I used auto, the system would go back and forth between T-Mobile and AT&T even in the same locations.  I am not sure how the selection is being done by the system.  As for LTE as the preferred network type, on android, search for preferred network type in the settings menu.  On iOS, I believe the terminology is network mode.  If you are stuck with no network connection, toggling airplane mode is the simplest way to establish a connection.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/tutorials/topic/connections-amp-network/how-to-change-network-mode/...

Bayhaf

@Phil_Adelphus  How do I change it to 4G/LTE? Just manually changed it to AT&T! Thanks for that

@Bayhaf   Are you connecting to either AT&T or T-Mobile (make sure not Verizon, it won't work) and set the phone to 4G/LTE if it's on 5G currently.  

Bayhaf

Hi @HALIMACS , thanks for the suggestion. I can confirm my data is on and roaming is also on. I still could not connect to anything.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Bayhaf 

Firstly, ensure your Roaming switch is toggled "ON"

Then, manually connect to either T-Mobile or AT&T in your network connections.

That should get things rolling.

Need Help? Let's chat.