cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cuba???

jessecriss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I text from Cuba back to Canada with Public Mobile???

9 REPLIES 9

sergioecg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know this is an old thread but I am very sure a lot of the resorts in Cuba do not have wifi. and some others have it for a small premium through their business center.

@Raven_Jet wrote:
If you are going to a resort in Cuba you can use whatsapp or another messaging app. The resorts will have free wifi somewhere there. It's what me and my friends do.

@jessecriss Or give the fongo.com app a look.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Cuba is stuck in a time warp as far as cellular service goes.  Maintain radio silence when there and just enjoy a quiet vacation.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Depending on where you are going and how long you are staying, you can buy a sim card, or if you have a local friend they can get it for you (it will be cheaper).  but as mentioned above if you are in a resort /hotel just use the wifi.

Exactly I have lots of family and friends goto Cuba often they don't use there cellphone service they get WiFi sometime complementary sometime they pay little bit but it's worthy they use fb messenger mostly and then if u want to call people's on regular phone then use hangout dialer it's pretty good then u have bunch of other option as a mention in my earlier replied hope that's resolve your question and have a safe n fun journey to Cuba
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

ben10nnery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I've heard through the grapevine that roaming rates charged from Cuba are exhorbatant so there isn't really a deal from any carrier at the moment for that country. Your best bet is a third party app like the others have said, or even good old Facebook Messenger if you are connected with who you're trying to message through there.

You can't use regular pm services as @Raven_Jet said only options you have to connect with WiFi and use hangout dialer because it's will show your number to the persons who will call or other opting like fb messenger what's app viber Skype hope that info will help you
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
If you are going to a resort in Cuba you can use whatsapp or another messaging app. The resorts will have free wifi somewhere there. It's what me and my friends do.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

According to the coverage map, Cuba is not covered. So, you won't be able to text anyone as you won't have any reception there. 

Need Help? Let's chat.