cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t transfer number

Rebecca91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey I can’t transfer my number over from Virgin Plus to Public Mobile.  I can’t receive SMS 2 step verification codes and 
I cannot get incoming calls from non public mobile customers but my SIM works for public and I can make calls and use data ? 

how do I transfer my number over and have complete access to all services with public mobile. 

9 REPLIES 9

rabbisoft
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Rebecca91  Sorry I made a mistake. APN is indeed sp.mb.com. However, some smartphones just can not find the right APN automatically. So you'd better check it.

@rabbisoft wrote:

@Rebecca91 You can try to reset your network. And the most important thing is to make sure your APN (Access Point Name)  is  PC Mobile. Good luck!

The access point should not be set to PC Mobile. PC Mobile is a different carrier and is unrelated to Public Mobile.  The APN should be set to sp.mb.com .  Also, APN settings do not have any effect on number porting.

rabbisoft

@Rebecca91 You can try to reset your network. And the most important thing is to make sure your APN (Access Point Name)  is  PC Mobile. Good luck!

@Rebecca91 I sent the number to 

your community inbox check there  , or you can use this link to the community in box

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

add have you tried rebooting the phone @Rebecca91 

Rebecca91

I never received the number ? 

Rebecca91

I do have a public mobile SIM and I it’s activated with my phone number . I just can’t receive SMS from 2 step verification. I called virgin and they said my number had been released and public mobile needs to accept the transfer ? 

I put my virgin SIM card back in and I get all the SMS messages for the codes, but can’t use it for calls or data ? 

this is so confusing. 

@rabbisoft wrote:

To transfer number, I think you should have a PublicMobile Sim Card first. Then you can use your original Virgin number to acitivate your publicmobile sim card.  The following directions may be what you need.

The Virgin service doesn't activate the Public Mobile SIM card.    While The Virging SIM card needs to be in a phone to reply to a text message for Virgin, the Public Mobile SIM card actually gets immeidately before number porting has even competed.

rabbisoft

To transfer number, I think you should have a PublicMobile Sim Card first. Then you can use your original Virgin number to acitivate your publicmobile sim card.  The following directions may be what you need.

You could still go through the process of ordering the SIM Card from Public Mobile to lock in the plan. Then you can still pick up a SIM Card locally using the link that @Chalupa_Batman provided if there’s a local Telus store that may have one or through Amazon & keep the one Public Mobile send as a spare or pass it on to someone. 

rabbisoft_0-1711674657049.png

. That way you can get service set up & activated faster so you can use it then port your phone number in before paying for another month with Virgin.

Adding links again.

Telus, Koodo, or Mobile Klinik store

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/nb/store-locator

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Rebecca91  Did you leave. Virgin sim in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port ? I will send you the porting team number private message . Give them a call they can re trigger the port request for you 

Need Help? Let's chat.