cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't set "My Number" on iPhone XR

Cobbydale
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Apologies if this has already been asked - I did look but couldn't find anything related.

I transferred my old number from Rogers to PM using an eSIM. All seems good and voice, data and text seem to work. However, "My Number" is blank and though I can type in the transferred number, I can't save it. When I go to Messages I get a dialogue box telling me MMS messages can't be received without setting up "My Number". Other texts arrive OK. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Cobbydale

Turned out there was a phantom eSIM associated with the phone which was “catching”  iMessages and needed clearing by the PM team. Took a few days but they were great at keeping me informed and checking back it was fully resolved. Very pleased with the way I was dealt with.

Cobbydale
CSA was very helpful and tried a few things including swapping in a new eSIM. All to no avail however. I was escalated to "technical support department" and I'm still waiting for a response 2 days later...
I did read of other people with similar issues (not able to save the number to the iPhone), and that there is some general issue with iMessage with Apple ports, so I suspect my solution will drop out of that larger fix.

Cobbydale

Thanks "Mayor Edith" - I'll give it a go🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Cobbydale 

The problem is related with PM system, PM not able to setup text automatically with new accounts, that affects iMessage setup.

Support agent able to fix it.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  

If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.