cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get calls or texts from most people

Nbuldyke
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
What's going on. Just switched over to public from virgin. Not to happy s9 far. Please help
12 REPLIES 12

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Luddite

No not at all please don't be sorry! 🙂 

Double posting usually confuses all of us 😞 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@Shazia_K Sorry, didn't notice the other thread.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Nbuldyke

I have responded to another of your thread, please follow my instructions. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

You port has turned into quite a struggle. Smiley Sad

We'll see what the moderators @Shazia_K @Mary_M can see today.

Nbuldyke
Nothing has been resolved at all. It has been two weeks with no change. I have reset the phone. And went back to factory settings. Still my other phone provider has me as active.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nbuldyke has @Shazia_K been able to resolve this for you?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Nbuldyke DO NOT CANCEL YOU OLD ACCOUNT. When the port is complete, it will be cancelled automatically. If you cancel early, the port will hang up and you may lose your phone number.

Nbuldyke
How do I ensure that everything is switched over properly. Before canceling my other account with the last provider

Nbuldyke
It's been four or five days though.

While a port is in progress you can call out with PM but incoming calls still come through the original carrier. This is normal.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nbuldyke

So you can get calls and texts from some people and not from others? Have you noticed any pattern about the ones you can't get (like area code, etc). Are you having problems with making calls and sending texts to those numbers, or just receiving?

It's possible your account just didn't get set up correctly, maybe one of the moderators could take a look. @Shazia_K @Mary_M

EDIT: Shazia_K beat me to it 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Nbuldyke

Welcome to Public Mobile, 

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

This seems like a minor porting issue, I will be glad to look into this for you. Can you please private message me with your Public Mobile phone number and the Virgin account number? 

Thanks,

Shazia

Need Help? Let's chat.