cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can send texts and make outgoing phone calls but not receiving texts or incoming calls.

amandaihunt87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am able to make phone calls and end texts messages but I'm not receiving text messages or phone calls from anyone. Any phone calls are being sent straight to voicemail. I have made sure my Do Not Disturb is off, reset my network settings, removed my SIM card and restarted my phone, nothing is working. Any suggestions as to what to try next are greatly appreciated!

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone in another thread found something about if using iMessage on an iphone that if data isn't on or working that texts don't come through or something. I don't have an iphone to verify but it seemed to be a solution.

amandaihunt87

@cappaj yeah I'll give that a try, thank you!

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You could send a follow up message with the same subject line - and say "sorry I meant to include these details in my first message:" - and then maybe also quote your first message so it's all together in one place (I don't know for sure that'll work but... it's what I would do).

amandaihunt87

@cappaj too bad it's not possible to edit the original message. And too bad about the 48 hours, I have a senior in the house and need to be able to receive calls on her behalf. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens but might have to switch to a company that has tech support I can call in and speak with 🙁

cappaj

If you haven't already, you could make sure you give them your account details in the initial message - e.g., account number, your name, phone number, PIN - so that they don't have to come back to you and burn a message requesting those details.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@amandaihunt87

I have not done sending private message to moderator yet.

But according to the following FAQ, it will take about 48 hours if they are busy.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

How quickly should I expect a response from a  Community Moderator?

• During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@amandaihunt87 wrote:

Does anyone know what the ETA is to hear back from the @CS_Agent? I sent a private message a few hours ago and am hoping to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Officially:  

• During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

cappaj

@amandaihunt87 wrote:

Does anyone know what the ETA is to hear back from the @CS_Agent? I sent a private message a few hours ago and am hoping to get this resolved as soon as possible.

In the last day or two, it's been longer waits than normal - I think they have a lot on their plate from so many sign-ups this past weekend.

Which doesn't really answer your question - except to say, it's kind of a mystery amount of time right now. I guess be prepared for things to continue not working into tomorrow at least?

amandaihunt87

amandaihunt87

@ShawnC13 notifications are on and volume is on, I haven't checked the voicemail setting because I'm not receiving any text messages either. It appears that anything incoming is not coming through but everything outgoing is being received by the other party just fine. 

amandaihunt87

@stonechucker yes that was the dreaded first question I always had to ask, have you powered it off and turned it back on? 😂

@amandaihunt87 wrote:

@stonechucker Definitely not a silly question! I used to work in tech support and that was most often the fix. I have done this multiple times and still no resolution.

You haven't changed the amount of time before a call goes to Voicemail did you?  Volume is turned up?  As you have stated you worked in Tech support so it is funny throwing out these ideas but one of them might have slipped your mind and just getting as many possiblities out there.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@amandaihunt87, no worries, I too worked support for years.  Thanks for confirming 🙂

amandaihunt87

@stonechucker Definitely not a silly question! I used to work in tech support and that was most often the fix. I have done this multiple times and still no resolution.

Quick question, it may seem silly, have you restarted or turned off your phone, and turned it back on?

Sometimes that is the fix.  You didn't say you have done this.

amandaihunt87

@cappaj Renewal date is the 21st and not on autopay. I thought for sure it was Do Not Disturb when my friend told me the call was going straight to voicemail, but she did leave me a voicemail as a test and I got the notification on my phone that I had a new voicemail.

@cappaj wrote:

@amandaihunt87 wrote:

@NDesai I've been with Public Mobile for just over a month now and I got a new number when I began the service. This issue just started this morning, I was receiving texts and phone calls yesterday.

Was today your renewal date, and do you have auto-pay set up? Several people have had issues with auto-pay today, reporting a loss of service - it's possible you're experiencing the same issue.

It could be, but i don't quite understand why services are working partially. 

@amandaihunt87 You will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team and they will look into your account.

cmatassa

This issue normally happens right after the porting process begins, however, not a month into the service.  You might have to contact the @CS_Agent for this.

cappaj

@amandaihunt87 wrote:

@NDesai I've been with Public Mobile for just over a month now and I got a new number when I began the service. This issue just started this morning, I was receiving texts and phone calls yesterday.

Was today your renewal date, and do you have auto-pay set up? Several people have had issues with auto-pay today, reporting a loss of service - it's possible you're experiencing the same issue.

amandaihunt87

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@amandaihunt87 Have you requested to port in your number? If yes, check if your old sim is working. If not, check your account and see if everything looks okay. 

Need Help? Let's chat.