cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from Telus home Landline will not ring my PM Galaxy Note 8 phone

DvAbCan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This started about two weeks ago. I can receive calls from everyone on either mobile or landline. Calls from my home phone will not ring my cell but go to Voice Mail after about 6 rings. My wife is on PM and her phone works perfect. I have tried everything and followed some hints on this site. Back a couple of years ago users filed similar issues but no clear solutions

Number not blocked, phone rebooted every day, SIM removed and reinstalled, removed my home phone from contacts, not on airplane mode, checked phone app nothing unusual.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. By the way I lost my old Community name DvAbCanEh Anyway of getting my Community Acc back?

5 REPLIES 5

DvAbCan

Calls from Telus home Landline will not ring my PM Galaxy Note 8 phone

I'm at my wits end, checked out options mentioned here and no fix yet. Missed one call from out of province two days ago where my phone didn't ring and it was right beside me and went to voicemail. I may try a factory reset if I can't figure it out OR a new phone.

@DvAbCan after you put your sim to the Galaxy 7, your account would have been re-provisioned, so did it help when you put it back to the Note 8 after??

If not, there is a change you have blocked. your home phone on the Note by accident .  Check :

From a Home screen, tap the. Phone icon. . ...
Tap the. Menu icon. (upper-right).
Settings. then tap. Block numbers. ...

DvAbCan

Calls from Telus home Landline will not ring my PM Galaxy Note 8 phone and goes to voice mail

Hi All, I removed the PM SIM from my Note 8 and stuck it into a Galaxy 7 and I was able to call my own cell number from my home landline and have it ring. So now wondering what next, the problem points solely to my Note 8 and not PM SIM Card.

Any other ideas would be appreciated, don't suggest a $1400 new phone, 😂

DvAbCan

Thanks, I'll give that a whirl and if it works I'll post "as a solution"

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DvAbCan 

for the voice call problem, so, people from other provider like Rogers can reach you without problem??.  Try your PM sim card in your wife phone.  This will force ansim re-provision and could resolve the issue altogether 

for old community name, you can ask PM support to help to assign you back:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there   

Need Help? Let's chat.