cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls are being dropped/disconnected

LMK521
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been experiencing dropped calls over the past several months.  I am talking on the phone and after about 5 minutes the call gets disconnected.  It has happened many times over the last few months and now I’m thinking I need to go with another provider.  I have reset my phone and took out my SIM card and re-inserted my SIM card and it did not solve the problem.  I don’t think it’s the signal strength.  I live in downtown Toronto and I have never had any issues before.  I have a 2020 iPhone SE.  Has anyone ever had this problem before or know how to solve this problem. 

5 REPLIES 5

Codeninja
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you could try the following 

1. Update your iPhone: Make sure your iPhone SE has the latest software update installed. Software updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can help resolve connectivity issues. Go to the settings menu, navigate to “General,” and then select “Software Update” to check for any available updates.
2. Check for carrier updates: Your mobile service provider may release carrier updates that address network-related issues. Check for carrier updates by going to the settings menu, selecting “General,” and then tapping on “About.” If an update is available, you will see a prompt to install it.
3. Reset network settings: WHICH I BELIEVE YOU ALREADY DID
4. Contact your service provider: If the problem persists, it’s recommended to reach out to your mobile service provider’s customer support. Inform them about the dropped call issue, provide details of your troubleshooting steps, and ask if there are any known network issues in your area. They can perform additional troubleshooting and check if there are any specific network problems impacting your device or account.
5. Consider a signal booster: If you continue to experience dropped calls, even in areas with good signal strength, you might want to consider getting a signal booster. Signal boosters can improve cellular reception in your home or office, enhancing the call quality and reducing dropped calls. Contact your service provider or check reputable electronics retailers for signal booster options.

LMK521
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I have tried resetting the network settings and still didn’t solve the problem. I guess I will try to contact customer service to see if there’s anything else I can do.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@LMK521 wrote:

I live in downtown Toronto and I have never had any issues before. 

Big buildings, a lot of concrete and steel, new construction, you name it.

Talk to other mobile uses using different companies and see if they have the same issues. PM is using Telus network so all PM and Telus users should have same issue in YOUR area.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LMK521 - this as been happening over several months, and it is not likely the SIM card. The phone is a pretty current one and you are in a main area for coverage (edit typo).

Have you tried toggling into and out of airplane mode?

How about to perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone: To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode. Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

If still issues, I would like CSA know. They may be able to reset something in your account to help.

The 2 ways to contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team are below:

1 -  Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to: Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a PRIVATE MESSAGE to start a ticket to them here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LMK521  have you also tried resetting the network settings ? Also try your cellular voice and data on 3G see if that helps with voice 

Need Help? Let's chat.