cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Unsuccessful.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Everytime I sign back into this Community Account recently it says 'Authentication Unsuccessful' sometimes 'Failed', or 'insufficient privileges'.. than when I refresh the website I am logged in.. it's so odd.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Screenshot_20230718_181012_DuckDuckGo.jpgSmartSelect_20230718_181030_DuckDuckGo.jpg

19 REPLIES 19

@Priority , thank you for sharing that info. It may help those taking care if accounts for their family members & those that are not able to. 

@Priority glad it helps

Priority

That worked, it let me sign into their account now and showed me their details instead of mine when signing in with the new credentials. 

I changed what I needed, and I will now sign back out and do that same thing again to sign back into my own main account. 

It even asked me if I wanted to share location again after clearing the Cache of the Public App, so that 100% did the trick.

Screenshot_20230719_143543_Public Mobile.jpg

Priority

Brilliant!! 👏👏

I'll try that now. 

Priority

What do you mean we've seen massive changes with this new update.. like the huge improvement we all wanted from 'Error 404' to 'Authentication Unsuccessful' has finally been made. 🙌🥲😆

@Priority try to do BOTH clear app cache as well as clear cache on your default browser, Samsung browser I guess in your case

Priority

It is letting me log in using the Public Mobile App, however only on my own account.

I just made this referral, and they have a flip phone unable to use the app so I had to make the account on my phone using my app. 

As soon as Activation as completed it signed me right back into my own account, so I cleared the cache and signed into the new account I just made for my referral with their credentials and boom it signed back into mine.. not theirs..

So my App is currently working to only sign into my own account, but no others. Cache issue as usual- but I'm unable to access their account online either since the website login page seems to be down. 

LoL @Kavurt it was good in the last 10 months till 2 hours ago 🙂

Kavurt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

And it hasn't been fixed in 10 months. Nice!

@Priority  Me either website or app . One other member said they. A sign in of the few lists about this in the last hour . So it appears not all of us are affecting many of us are 

Priority

Must be an issue across the board. This isn't good, I have 2 Activations on the way right now. 

@Priority 

I guess you are right.. I cannot login now as well..

Priority

I'm unable to even get to the credentials page. Can't sign into any accounts since it's down.

@Priority different login accounts and same result? or just one particular one? I am ok logging in couple times earlier today.  I can try again now 

Priority

Anyone else having an issue logging in on the website? No matter what I do the sign in page will not work and remains blank. 

I've tried multiple browsers, cleared cache and storage etc with the same results.

I'm doing Activations today, and this is holding me up. 

Screenshot_20230719_140240_Samsung Internet.jpg

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes. That seems to be the fix. I think it just gets confused where it's at what with cookies and javascript and whatever all the other webbloat (did I just coin that? 🙂) they're running.

Adding - nope

@Priority wrote:

Everytime I sign back into this Community Account recently it says 'Authentication Unsuccessful' sometimes 'Failed', or 'insufficient privileges'.. than when I refresh the website I am logged in.. it's so odd.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I have seen this numerous times.  It's not a login issue.  Usually, refreshing the page or clicking the Community link at the top of the website fixes this and I can access my Community account without needing to log in again.

Need Help? Let's chat.