cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are 3G plans converted to 4G?

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The old $15 plan wasn’t too bad if you didn’t use voice too much. Wondering if it’s now at 4G. I ask because 3G plans are no longer offered.

6 REPLIES 6

ATHENS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My 2 cents - I posed this question 2 times to CS and received inconsistent replies. First reply was a firm that all gift data will be removed and the second agent’s reply was to contact CS after I switch and they’ll try to help me out. So I say it may be a bit risky .

@El_Gato 

@El_Gato wrote:

Thanks - a little disappointed that it stays at 3G. —- If I switch to the new $15 plan will I lose the 5GB gift data?

You should not lose the 5GB data since you are not downgrading your plan (ie. cheaper plan).  However, with Public mobile and its glitches, you may lose it.   If you do lose it, you should be able to convince CSA to re-instate it.  

HI @El_Gato 

unless you really treasure the unlimited voice calls, i think you should hold on the the existing $15 plan.  Afterall, you should have some LD minutes from last couple Decembers , those LD minutes can be used to call Canada as well.  I would keep the $15 plan untill all those LD minutes are used up

Can you keep the 5GB gift? Likely YES, you are not downgrading your plan.  Afterall, some people downgraded the plan, lost the bonus, but agent can give them back bonus data they are supposed to get for the new price range

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks - a little disappointed that it stays at 3G. —- If I switch to the new $15 plan will I lose the 5GB gift data?

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@El_Gato - Your current 3G plan ($15 250MB / $25 1GB) is grandfathered and will still stay at the same speed of 3G 3mbps.

It won't automatically change to 4G speed of 100mbps, you will need to get a plan that has 4G speed.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@El_Gato 

Look like PM no longer offers 3G speed plan to new subscribers.

Existing customers with 3G speed plan will be the same, no change

If you have the old $15 plan, there is a new one but different, the new $15 plan has unlimited calling but no data, so it is a voice only plan.  But existing $15 plans can keep their old  3G speed plan with 250MB data , they won't got migrated to the new one

If you are on the old $25 plan, the new one ($29/30 days but drops to $25/30 days for 90 days subscriptions) is a much better updated plan with 20GB and 4G speed

Need Help? Let's chat.