cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new Provider but want to keep same Public Mobile plan with different number

foxlooo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm currently getting a mobile plan with Telus but I would like to also keep my Public Mobile plan. Since I'm planning on using the Telus for personal use, I'd like to transfer my current number (with Public Mobile) to Telus and I think that would go smoothly but then what number would I have with my Public Mobile account?

I've seen posts on how to switch numbers for public mobile on this community as well though it seems like there were prior to the reworked self service which doesn't have the option currently as of right now, does anyone know where that would be located as well?

Thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @foxlooo   Usually is no, but since you are trying to swap with a Telus number, maybe it will work

I think you should check with Telus first, as they usually have better customer support.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

As soon as you port your current PM number out your PM account will be deleted. Your number will be with other provider safe, but you will lose all rewards, loyalty, autopay, bonuses, etc.

Since you are want to move your number to parent company, you should talk to agent if they can switch you AND assign new number to your existing PM account without closing it.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Porting out numbers closes accounts. That's universal. That you're staying in the Telus family YMMV. Try your luck with the support people.

Where did your number originate from? Maybe post the first 6 digits of your number if you don't mind indicating where the number is located geographically (you might not be).

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@foxlooo hi sorry but once you port a number elsewhere your public account closes can't add a different number 

Need Help? Let's chat.