cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About international roaming

Frank_zhu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am traveling in China and my PM number does not work. How can I make my PM support international roaming? Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I suggest that you set up WhatsApp or WeChat on your phone. You will still need Wi-Fi or a third party mobile data (e.g. a sim or esim that works in China). Other people on WhatsApp or WeChat will then be able to call, message or video chat with you.

@Frank_zhu wrote:

I need to receive text messages or calls to my own number. Does TextNow support this? Thank you!

Sorry, but no.  While you're there, you'll have no access to your Public Mobile phone number ans associated services.

Frank_zhu

I need to receive text messages or calls to my own number. Does TextNow support this? Thank you!

@Frank_zhu 

you could download the free voip app called TextNow. You'll be able to send and rec calls and texts for free using local wifi or locally purchased data. You'll be able to select a free Cdn number so others can call you wherever you are as long as you have either wifi or that data I mentioned.

@Frank_zhu wrote:

Is there any emergency solution?

PM does Not provide any 'emergency solutions'. It is 'local' company.

You can use any of free voip apps to sms/call where WiFi exists.

@Frank_zhu wrote:

An internet-based option (while using Wi-Fi) or service from a different cell phone service would need to be used.

Frank_zhu

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

PM does NOT provide service outside of USA/Canada

@Frank_zhu wrote:

I am traveling in China and my PM number does not work. How can I make my PM support international roaming? Thanks!

Sorry, but Public Mobile does not have any roaming service anywhere but in the U.S.

Need Help? Let's chat.