cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN Settings that May Work for MMS on Xiaomi, Redmi, and POCO Phones

Quincy1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Finally got my MMS Working again after switching to a 5G plan.

I found this on a different site (nowhere in this community) that got my MMS Working again.
They fixed my MMS on my Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G, and which will likely works on all other MIUI based phones, and perhaps more Android phones

Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO phones all still operate on MIUI operating system so here are the APN settings that should work for them. For example, not all android phones ask you to specific an MVNO Type and MVNO value, which were blank with the default pulled Public Mobile APN settings.

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.com/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: none
APN Type: default,mms,supl,fota,hipri
APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN enable/disable (greyed out)
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO Type: GID
MVNO Value: 4D4F

18 REPLIES 18

Verna77
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanked the person who reposted your settings, sorry! Couldn't delete that comment but wanted to thank you personally for this fix. I love Xiaomi phones but they do have some foibles!

Verna77

Thank you so much I've looked everywhere and no luck, I was a bit nervous about changing the numbers but I needed to send photos of my door lock (broken into) to my landlord ASAP so did it 

THANKS A MILLION!! This has been making me crazy.

P

@CatalystOne wrote:

I activated in March 2024. The "PC Mobile" APN settings that Public Mobile is pushing to its current customers has these two errors that is causing MMS SEND problems, and possibly other issues:

1. MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18 is incorrect.

2. MMS port: 80 is incorrect.

I changed these as follows:

1. MMS proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca

2. MMS port: 8799

I did not have to reboot as the changes were immediate. I can (for now) send and receive MMS pictures.

I hope this helps relieve inconvenience and stress for other Public Mobile customers.

Public Mobile has not been pushing the incorrect setting through the network to customers.   Those settings were programmed by your device manufactruer.  Unfortunately, the incorrect settings are ones that did used to work but are now outdated.

CatalystOne

I activated in March 2024. The "PC Mobile" APN settings that Public Mobile is pushing to its current customers has these two errors that is causing MMS SEND problems, and possibly other issues:

1. MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18 is incorrect.

2. MMS port: 80 is incorrect.

I changed these as follows:

1. MMS proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca

2. MMS port: 8799

I did not have to reboot as the changes were immediate. I can (for now) send and receive MMS pictures.

I hope this helps relieve inconvenience and stress for other Public Mobile customers.

G_Pomzz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think you only need VoLTE for phone calls when roaming in the USA because 3G is dead there.

In Canada calls for PM are still made over 3G 

CatalystOne

Thanks for the You tube. I am wondering if anyone with a Xiaomi or Poco device has experienced any difference on Public Mobile after executing these changes?

G_Pomzz

I also enabled VoLTE on my POCO. If the VoLTE button is not visible in your network settings follow the steps in this tutorial. 

https://youtu.be/ID8Lj0lUFGI?si=hfNSaxbYqxO_Dmw5

breadf1sh

Thank you so much for this fix! Been trying to troubleshoot for hours now. Much appreciated! 

G_Pomzz

I have a POCO X4 Pro and both of those variables are blank on my APN settings. Data, MMS etc work fine for me. 

BubbaNorte

Quincy1  -  Thank you so much!

I also have a Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G  .  Working so far for pics in texts.

CrestFallenPhil

This worked for my Poco F5

Quincy1

When I search for threads about MVNO settings I can seem them listed now, but none of the official support articles or threads about Xiaomi phones mentioned this. This thread is simply my attempt to make the fix for phones of those sister brands more searchable. One cant go through every MMS broken thread on here, there's too many!

Quincy1

Not sure why you are asking that question here, but it's interesting to me, as I had to do a little something to even know if VoLTE was enabled on my phone. Are you saying you can use VoLTE in Canada but not US? How can you tell? I just assume it's working for me in Canada because nothing seems broken.

CatalystOne

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by "system side thing"?

hi @CatalystOne no one can help with VoLTE, it is a system side thing, not device level

CatalystOne

Good news and thanks for sharing!

Any clue how to get voLTE enabled and working in US on Xiaomi devices? My understanding is AT&T and T-Mobile won't recognize devices not on their lists. So we would not be able to make/receive calls in US. BUT I assume they would only know what device we have by reading a file on our devices; how else would any US carrier know?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

thanks @Quincy1 yes , this is the same setting s as people posting on the community 

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks @Quincy1 

Need Help? Let's chat.