cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$40 Canada-US promo

Kyla3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am currently on Bell and considering of switching to Public Mobile on the $40 Canada-US Plan.  I have a few questions:

1) If you exceed the 75 GB, are there overage charges or does your data just stop?

2) Will the $40 ever increase in the future if I decide to switch?  In other words, once I sign up, will my fees increase?

3) How do points accumulate?  There is a $1.95/month - does this mean my actual bill will be $38.05/month?

4) If I am in the USA, can I call Canada?  And if I'm in Canada, can I call the USA?

5) What is the speed in the US?  3G?  4G?  5?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

EazyE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

1- data will just stop

2- there's always a chance it could increase but PM is not really known to do that.

3- once you have 15 points you can use them towards your next bill.

4- yes.

5- 4G

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

There is no overages,  will stop working as soon as data is done.

Prices usually don't increase, however that is at Public Mobile discretion to do so at anytime. 

You pay your full costs each month. The .5%  is added to account based in payments and when you accumulated 15 points,  you can manually redeem towards your next bill payment.

You can call from either countries back and forth.

I believe in the US it's 4G or LTE 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kyla3  1  once the 75GB is used it won’t work till next cycle and no surprise bills PM pre paid you can only use what  you paid for . 

2  price should be locked in , but PM reserves right to change any time 

3. You earn points 5% for plan spend . 10 points each year . 1 point for each friend referral . You can earn up to 15 points in community .once you have 15 points you can redeem $15 off your bill 

4. Yes it’s a true snow bird plan . Call to and from the U.S. while home or in the U.S. talk text and data 

5.  When in the U.S. ensure you have data roaming turned on and set phone to 4G/LTE  and not 5G . You will want to connect to T mobile or AT&T 

if you want to earn more in community this is done 

By participating , reading and helping others with questions . And learning and sharing and good things will happen 

ranked chart here 

Handy1_0-1710890688282.png

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Kyla3 

1. It will just stop, no overages on PM

2.Normally it won't change until you decide to change plan although PM always has the right to change.  It hasn't happened since I've been here although some are  upset that some discounts have been cut.

3.  You  have to accumulate 15 points over time before you can take $15 off your bill

4.  Yes

5.  There is no more 3G in the USA so you need a VoLTE phone for voice calls.  You can try 5G but AT&T doesn't work on 5G so it is easier to use 4G although you can try 5G on T-Mobile.  They are the only two partners in the US for PM roaming.

Need Help? Let's chat.