cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2FA - Wrong number

RickyTran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported my phone finally after 7 hour with support...

Now my account showing wrong phone number for 2FA but I have updated it in my settings to be correct. Anyway to fix this as support is mad slow 

9 REPLIES 9

RickyTran

Yup the phone number showing is incorrect on the 2FA page.

Eversafe ID shows the correct phone number. Like I said I have tried all the options you guys mention. Clear History,cache,cookies. but it keeps default to this confirm for full access than 2FA with the wrong numberScreenshot 2024-02-27 211205.jpgScreenshot 2024-02-27 211028.jpg

@RickyTran 

so, the phone number showing on the 2FA is wrong?

did you try the methods above?  many able to unlock the Send email option.  Try it.  if you can login , go to Profile page, click Manage EverSafe ID and you can then update the phone number

RickyTran

I have tried everyone recommendation I have ticket open with CS and they giving same troubleshoot issue. 
My issue it keeps going to the confirm for full access page which has the wrong phone number attached. I explained this to CS and they fail to understand the issue

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@RickyTran   Did you check that the phone number in your Eversafe profile (not your general PM profile) is the correct one?  That's assuming you can get the code by email to get in.

@RickyTran 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

You need to click on Resend Code several times till you see the email option.

RickyTran

Login to community the 2FA is correct and works. My Account and App I get this page than the code which shows a different number. see screenshots
Screenshot 2024-02-27 211028.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-27 211205.jpg

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@RickyTran 

Give it some time, then log out of the self-serve, clear cache and cookies (if using web based login), and try logging in again.

You can also try tapping those little refresher circular icons within self-serve to hopefully get an up to date version of the pages.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @RickyTran 

Try this. You can have the 2FA code sent to your email. Then once you're logged in, you can go to your settings and enter your correct phone number.

Can’t get the 6 digit 2FA code to your phone?

First, sign into your account at www.publicmobile.ca and use the email you signed up with and the password. If it asks you for a 6 digit code, it will say at the top left CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.- Enter the 6- digit code sent to *********.  But it’s not working!!! As you see by the screenshot below, 1. Click the This is a trusted device. 2. Didn’t get the code? Click on that.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1709085900546.png

Then, the next window that pops up is this.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1709085900576.png

Click on Send email. Here it will send you the 6 digit code to the email you registered with. This step is very important. Do not just copy and paste. Enter each digit using your keypad.

You should now be able to get into your account.

Created by Chalupa Batman

Need Help? Let's chat.